Petrol Gauge Sender fitted

Phaeton

Staff member
Put myself a fuel gauge in the dash when I made it but never connected it up as I had no sender unit in the tank. So last night when she went out on the raz I set too to rectify that, started by cutting up a perfectly good Mini tank for the mounting bracket of the sender. I then took a big hole saw to the back of the tank, in a place I thought the float wouldn't catch on anything. Then I had two choices, either trying to weld a tank that has had petrol in for several weeks & despite best efforts unable to get it all out or, chicken out & use some metal epoxy resin, I went for the resin. After much deliberation about what angle to mount it as that will determine the swing of the float, I bonded them together. Fitted the float & then refilled the tank, I connected the multimeter up & as I moved the tank the resistance changed so in theory it all should work. Put a coat of paint on & now just waiting for the rain to stop so I can fit it back in.

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
Hello,

We had a few teething problems with my sender but works now well thelast time I filled up the float got jammed at the top of the tank...lol

From what I remember the tank still did not breath enough so I am gonna get a 1mm hole drilled in the cap that should help...

Danny