Progress report

nw208

Just thought I'd let you guys know what stage my build is at. managed to drive it out of the garage under its own power for the first time since the strip down. only had half a brake pedal, and it refuses to bleed properly so just ordered a new master cylinder ( suspect it didn't like being cleaned 8 months ago). I have 2 kirkey seats and some mirrors on order so we are nearly ready for the big day, if I can sort out the self centreing issue. Any ideas? Are front and rear nerf bars required and will the netting suffice as an engine cover?  Any advice would be appreciated. 

esdebe

self centring, as the SVA man said to me.

lower you front tyre pressures, there is no weight there so 12-15 psi is more then enougth
give the car a little toe out at the front this cause the car to straighten quicker.

Other things that may help --

make sure the king pins are not too tight
and the the clamps on the outer column aren't too tight.

Brakes...

check you have the correct front calipers on the correct sides (sounds silly, but I didn't and no amount of bleeding will improve the performance)
Prime the MC first or bleed using a pressurised bleeding tool like the ezbleed.
make sure that the outlet on the mc is lower then the inlets during bleeding (jack the front of the car up to level the MC off, this sometime helps to makes ure there is no air in the MC.

Simon