Remember me?

nw208

Help required before I do something stupid to the man at the DVLA.

I have just been to Chester DVLA office with my application for a reg number, my MAC1 dated october 2009 and a current MOT cert from last weekend, only to be told that they are not allowed to accepted the sva test after december 2009! and therefore I would need an IVA before I can register it.

Is this right? Did I miss something?

Can anyone help me get my buggy registered? I am at my wits end.

If a pen pusher is the only thing between me and the open road after thousands spent on the build 2 years build time and 2 sva retests iI think I'll go mad.  Please help - anyone......

Phaeton

Staff member
Not what you want to hear, but yes I think he is right, SVA stopped 28th April 2009 with 6 months for retests making it the end of October 2009 when no more SVA would have been done, yours must have been one of the last ones.

I then think you had 6 months in which to register the car, however I do believe that they did put an end date of December 2009 on accepting them. You need to read all the paperwork that you recieved from both DVLA & VOSA if neither specifically mentioned the cut-off date I would make an appeal, whether it will do you any good I'm unsure.

Alan...
p.s. Yes I remember you (Sung in my best Frank Ifield voice, Max use Google you'll find him.)

p.p.s.Just found this, I did have the orginal & would have sent it you gladly but pretty sure it's landfill now LEAFLET But it's got to be worth a punt to say this is where you got your information from.

ppps Also just found THIS which is a bit of a nail in coffin, but I would still argue that I had not had formal notification.

biddleboy

that is one hell of a shit day then i think you should have dragged mr dvla over the counter and said pretty please if you no wat i mean i think that would of p......sed me off aswell

Danny

Administrator
ah that does not sound tooo good!

Might have to do the IVA... which would be an absolute cock of a task and soul destroying!

YOu must be fuming!!

Danny

nw208

I have been away with work for a week or so, and have come back with the intention of perservering and trying to get  it through the IVA.

I have to admit that the new regs look a bit daunting (size ) and have not been keeping up with the forum during the last few months of the build.

Are there many specific areas of the regs that are drastically different, or is it just subtle changes.

I will of course have to read all of the regs eventually, but any pointers would be appreciated.

Phaeton

Staff member
We all seem to think the main issue is the fuel tank, TBH I can't remember where yours was, is it the one with the aluminum one behind the drivers firewall? If so you will have to make another firewall to seperate it from the engine & ensure any leakages cannot get into either the engine bay or the passenger compartment. Other than that, I don't think there are many other problems.

As an aside have you not gone back to VOSA  complaining their literature said 6 months & that is what you were going on?

Alan...

nw208

I have been in touch with VOSA and they are adamant that the decision not to accept the registration is a DVLA matter.

I have written a letter of appeal to the DVLA stating that I acted in good faith on the info given to me VOSA and I'll see where that gets me.

On a separate note is anyone venturing to Stonleigh this year?

Danny

Administrator
Yup there should be quite a few people at stoneleigh this year!

Danny

PS good luck start pressuring DVLA they are dumb as they come!!!

nw208

Got a sort of result from VOSA/DVLA.

DVLA still refusing to accept the SVA Cert, however they did refer my plea to VOSA at Chadderton, who have investigated my appeal. They cannot check with the examiner because he has since retired, but have acknowledged that due to the constant regulation changes at that time, there may have been some confusion regarding the advice given.

Without accepting liability, they have offered me a FREE IVA test, which I have accepted.

So I will be collating as much info from you guys at Stoneleigh next week, has anyone submitted a buggy for the IVA yet?

Phaeton

Staff member
Well that's a bit of a result, not as good as we could have hoped for but all is not lost. As to buggy through IVA then no, not yet, we all seem to think fuel tank is the main issue. Can't remember Robbie where yours is/was but I think the route is to put one between the OS wheel & the subframe & firewall it in. But if you have spoke to Chadderton already, then maybe they will guide you on it.

Alan...

Angel Boy

nw208":wm8tl18a said:
Without accepting liability, they have offered me a FREE IVA test, which I have accepted.

Ooo, this will be interesting.  you'll have ot take a pad and a pen to make masses of notes  ;)

Andy