Robbie2red's Dazon buggy :-/

robbie2red

Had put some pics up before but I guess I should put them here in the right place!

The buggy as I bought it, coming home ;-)

iphonepics050.jpg

iphonepics047.jpg

The buggy with the new 1.3 Suzuki Swift 1999 engine in, with the auto transmission...

iphonepics9911007.jpg

iphonepics9911010.jpg

A few alterations. Hand controls, Power steering (off a corsa), Brakes servo and the alu body panels on...

iphone003.jpg

New ignition leads, spark plugs, rotar arm, distributor cap, and new induction system...

iphone019.jpg

iphone023.jpg

New spots under the roof rack, un-tested as yet (hoping their not gonna reflect back to much in the position they are, as just thought they looked best there.)...

iphone018.jpg

Any opinions please share, good or bad, I ain't a mechanic, any ideas to make it quicker, safer or more appealing, please comment. Cheers guys, much appreciated. By the way the guys on here are so helpful, so glad I joined the forum...

Rob

Mini Mad Max

Wow, that looks really tidy :) I much prefer those panels to those canvas cover things. I also like the suzuki engine conversion. I hope you're proud because that looks great. Keep us posted with it.
Max

robbie2red

Cheers guys. I wouldn't say it's scarily quick, it will go along at 70mph quite tidy though, off the mark I'm quite happy with it. Not really sure if it's running to it's full potential though. In the car the engine did 110mph, but I struggle to get past 82mph on the flat (haven't been out in it yet though since new leads, air filter system etc, too cold!!). Any reasons, ideas why guys??? (not that bothered as it's quick enough, but, it's niggling at me, you always want things to go as well as they can, don't you!). I'm going to try and post a youtube vid up now, if it'll work for me! :)

[youtube]TEhgitNOQbE[/youtube]

robbie2red

Well got there in the end with the video! ;-)

Bearing in mind guys she hasn't been run at all for a week since I put the new leads, plugs and rotar arm etc on, and it's bloody cold in that garage! Can you hear that ticking guys? Was just wondering what it is, hadn't noticed it so much before, once it's warm the ticking seems to calm (just because I ain't run it out for a while?)??? And that air filter's a cheapy, is it worth me getting a green cotton or k&n or not?

Thanks, Rob

PS Yes, thank you very much Max. it is a bit of an achievement. It's taken about 2 years to get to this stage, I can now get in and out of it, and use it on my own (I'm quite severely disabled, broke my neck playing rugby), so yes can't wait for the warmer days!!!... ;-D

Mini Mad Max

I bet 2 years is worth it though. It's been more than 2 years for my build haha. I saw the hand controls, are they your own conversion too? It's great to see that you can still enjoy motoring despite disability. Happy motoring, and i look forward to the warmer weather too :)

collie

Rob,

The noise sounds like lazy valve springs. My Tigra had an overhead cam and I couldn't adjust them. I don't know the configuration of the Suzuki but I think the valve springs are adjustable which will stop the tapping.

Phaeton

Staff member
Might be worth just checking the timing to make sure that the cambelt hasn't jumped a tooth, also what the rolling size of the wheels (very nice btw) compared with the standard ones.

Alan...

robbie2red

Mini Mad Max":308lxue2 said:
I bet 2 years is worth it though. It's been more than 2 years for my build haha. I saw the hand controls, are they your own conversion too? It's great to see that you can still enjoy motoring despite disability. Happy motoring, and i look forward to the warmer weather too :)

Sorry Max missed this before. Well it sure puts a smile on my face when I get the chance to take her out! :-D

The hand controls were done by a mobility company, think I have to, to be covered by insurance :-(

Cheers Max, be good to meet you guys sometime in the summer.

Rob

Baloo

nice looking buggy you have there Rob, l find myself looking at these chineese made buggies more and more these days, there was a time l would have dismissed them as poorly made but l had a look at one close up the other day and have to say l have changed my opinion some what, are all the manafacturers related ie the kinroads, the joyner etc a lot of them seem to use the same engine and box, l could see myself in one of these some day :eek:
what part of the country are you from Rob, wold be nice to go out a do a couple of green lanes in a few buggies ( when l have one that works lol )

cheers Andy

Danny

Administrator
Its looking nice :)

Are you coming to a show this year will be good to see it in the flesh :)

Danny