So I bought a bike :-)

Radar

whoa Dan nice colour like it ! the design is sweet too

here is that motorcycle gear I was telling you about the other day D-30 armour just google it for reviews etc but here is a you tube clip that explains the basics there are others there so just check them out Dan . I think it is great stuff saves you having "solid" armour protection on that will be much bulkier ..not good on a bike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqDe0C4OKbM

hope you find it useful bee safe on you gorgeous new toy

Radar

Danny

Administrator
[youtube]IGZbcNWuQew[/youtube]

Thanks for that I think I am going to get one of these :)

Yeah there are a few mods I wanna stick on it like crash bars as I reckon it will fall over at some point :)

Danny

esdebe

I'm not sure about the bike.. you may need more than just crash bars going on buggy incidents...

Danny could do with one of these (also in orange) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQr8YkzEEWQ

Just don't have an accident on a hill....

I do like that orange stuff in the armour demo though, the kids would love to have some of that to play with.

Danny

Administrator
Hiya,

To be honest i am quite a dordler :) I am not in it for the speed just like the bumbling around :)

Its the other drivers I need to be weary of... but I always wear a Hi vis and drive with headlights on so fingers crossed :)

Danny

Mini Mad Max

I love the colour! And I love the bike, i prefer v-twin power to crazy revvy inline 4 cylinder bikes. Happy riding!!
Max

Danny

Administrator

It was a close call between that and the Suzuki Vstrom but it looked a little too budget for my liking and I really like the colour as well :)

Trying to find the best crash bars for it as I reckon i will soon enough drop it :)

Radar

So after passing my mod 1 and theory I decided to order my new toy and guess what ??? all roads lead to a Kawasaki Versys 650 the same as Dans choice of ride it just ticks all the boxes for me and what I was looking for .

So I got a Deal... on a new 2013 model finished in pearl white with colour matched hard case panniers ,additional vario screen ,heated grips ,hand guards ,tank pad (a gel sticker basically lmao ) datatagged ,tutoro chain oiler, WITH ABS ( a worthwhile option I thought) 12 months road tax and registration fee.

It is being delivered in a couple of weeks and will sit in my garage taunting me until I pass module 2 which I am hoping to do by mid september in time for my birthday a birthday present to me ...and an incentive to make the time for and pass the mod 2 part of my test. I think its a good choice of bike and a lot for the money and having ridden one briefly and read all the reviews and Dan also rates them well lets hope so eh ??

will post pics when it arrives ....

Radar

Danny

Administrator
Awesome...

I just ordered my panniers as I am doing a bit of a solo tour up to Scotland in sept for a wedding :)

My neighbour bought one as well....lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Radar

come up the north west side Dan and pop in for a cup of tea .. then can go up north via the lakes side of the country !

Radar

Mini Mad Max

You know where you are welcome to stop by for a brew in the lakes side of the country ;) As long as it's before September 24th!!
Max

Steves2580

You are more than welcome to stop here too Dan!

I'll put some more pressure in your tyres, as the amount of times you'll be stopping for brews and cake etc, you might have put on a few pounds!!!
Spare bed here too if you need!!

Steve ;D

Phaeton

Staff member
And you can feck off from our side of the country you're not welcome here rofl

Alan..

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

Steves2580

Phaeton":e5ge5p0m said:
And you can feck off from our side of the country you're not welcome here rofl

Alan..

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!
Thought you Yorkshire lads were generous ::)

Steve ;D

Danny

Administrator
Wicked :)

Just bought panniers and a new screen for the trip.

Also anybody got any tips for taking a pillion? I have never done it before so I need to know the basics...lol

Phaeton

Staff member
Carrying a pillion is a whole new ball game, has the pillion ever ridden pillion before? I know it may be a strange question to ask, but unless they know what they are doing nasty things can happen. They have to learn to lean, they need to go with the bike & to fight the natural instinct to stay upright. The bike will change direction if they move about on the seat, or they lean to look at something especially with a light weight sit-up & beg like you have. The first few corners will be interesting for you, but Jane's a sensible girl, I'm sure she'll soon realise the score, but if you're going to do a lot of 2 up stuff, then get ready with the For Sale sign, you haven't enough power for serious distances. Also be aware that her knees are our wider than yours, so no cutting in, your acceleration will be down by 50% so you will have to plan overtakes not just simple go for them.

Last one, the pillion ALWAYS comes off worst in an accident, so be careful with her, Jane that is, not the bike.

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
Cheers alan...

Yeah I knew that the pillion comes off worst than the rider....

Nope she doesnt plan on coming on the back much just a few runs up to my olds....

She has been on the back of a bike before but this was a long time ago.

I will see how we get on....

Steve

I always found it was better for them to hold the grap rails on the side of the seat and not around you, to start with. This way they tended to go with the bike and not sit up around corners. As Alan said, it is a strsnge feeling when the bike tries to go in a direction you are not expecting. After a time you will get used to it but be careful to start with.

Danny

Administrator
Well had a long discussion on the versys forum and they are in the opinion that the versys will handle a pillion well....

I just need to do some slight adjustment to the preload and she will be good to go....

Fingers crossed :)

excuse my typing I am using Tapatalk. ...