speedo teretrip

biddleboy

hi alan you was right the wires from the teretrip red goes to the a switch live and the black and white goes to you speedo unit thanks alan 

Phaeton

Staff member
That's because you weren't privey to the telephone conversation earlier, I know what he's talking about  ;D

Alan...

esdebe

That was my findings and was posted on the old forum...  I even posted a formula for working out what the wheel size would be for the Acewell based on my gearbox setup.... Not that it worked, I just set the speed using the sat nav in the end.

When connecting to the Acewell you need to do red to live (acewell) green to white and (acewell) white to black...

biddleboy

ok clever clogs but ime using a trail vapor speedo but its the same thing i hope just need to find the right wires the speedo was already set up for 13 inch wheels so do have to do it again now its running through the gear box

Phaeton

Staff member
Yes you will, the wheel going round & the pulses now coming from the gearbox will be different. As Simon says the easiest way is if you have a sat nav just go down a flat road at 30mph & adjust the speedo till it reads right. You could always follow a mate in a car if no sat nav available.

Alan...

collie

Sorry Biddleboy, I just had no idea what you were talking about! Your post was totally out of the blue.