Subframe mounting

collie

I'm ready to mount my subframe now I finally have the engine installed into it, but I'm struggling with a few bits and pieces...  ::)
I have all the bolts and I know that the subframe is solid mounted to the chassis, but I see on the chassis it's a "cup shaped" mount.
Is something supposed to go in there before I put my bolt on, like a washer or spacer of some sort?
I'm confusseled!

jason_l

collie":2qxlr844 said:
I'm ready to mount my subframe now I finally have the engine installed into it, but I'm struggling with a few bits and pieces...   ::)
I have all the bolts and I know that the subframe is solid mounted to the chassis, but I see on the chassis it's a "cup shaped" mount.
Is something supposed to go in there before I put my bolt on, like a washer or spacer of some sort?
I'm confusseled!

Is this on the very top of the chassis suspension towers your talking about??? If so i have a poly bush that goes in between, i bought it from mini sport.

these are the standard ones....... http://www.minisport.com/acatalog/info_KGE100060.html

and these are similar to the poly ones i have............http://www.minisport.com/acatalog/info_SPDSP668A.html

Jason :)

Phaeton

Staff member
Dave, just supplied a bit washer, just nipping out will take a photo later or have browse through Mary's photobucket you may see what you are after in there.

Alan...

hmalan

Alan is right, Dave just supplied a big washer and bolt for this and advised that the poly bushes were not required

Alan T

esdebe

I concur, no bushes needed, but if you tighten the nut up the washer sags into the hole...  I used a smaller washer in the hole to prevent this. and the other washer on top as provided

collie

esdebe":2xb9eclm said:
I concur, no bushes needed, but if you tighten the nut up the washer sags into the hole...  I used a smaller washer in the hole to prevent this. and the other washer on top as provided
This was my worry, Dave supplied me with the nut, but no washer! not that it'll be a problem getting a washer, but just seems odd that the fixing point appears it was fabricated to accept something other than just a nut and washer?