The Buzzin' Hornet

Angel Boy

Well, been doing lots grinding and stripping back my part built.  Waiting for some cash before I get some metal to weld up, so have been measuring today and have drawn this.  As some of you will remember, the chasis of mine was modified before I got it so these will look at bit wierd compared to the standard chasis.

3396412014_54bde0312f.jpg

3395600449_3379b9d6c4.jpg

3395600665_41c12f2956.jpg

I used AutoCAD whilst studying, but these have been drawn using a tool from Google called Google Sketch Up 7  (it's a clicky so check it out).  I haven't got my head fully around it yet as I'm trying to get the wireframe to have thicker lines and then fill the panels in my choosen colour (the clue is the title of the post).

So that all this weekend, hopefully have ordered some metal next weekend to let me weld.

Angel Boy

Well thought it was about time I did some more on the buggy so whilst off work for a week I amanged to get a day in the garage.  Not long I know, but managed to play around with some tubing from one of the old webbing seats to make a bit of a front end on the buggy.

4027256692_3380af35f5.jpg

The idea is so that I can fit the Mini radiator up front and if I possible fit a fuel tank  :-\  but not sure about this

4027257572_13f77f6072.jpg

I also welded in the pedal box so hop it is in the correct position  :D

4027254628_78b64a1e9f.jpg

So that's all for now.  Might get some more done by the end of the year  ;D

Angel Boy

Managed to get another half a day this weekend on the buggy, if I get a couple more weekends like this I might actually make something called progress  ;D

Managed to put the final members in on the front end to re-enforce the whole structure.  I can litterally bounce up and down on it down and the whole thing doesn't move.

4046153106_1b0137c2b5_m.jpg

On a tea break I started playing around with fuel tank ideas and I came up with for me two possible options.  The first is to raise the seats and fit a false floor with the fuel tanks sat underneath, a bit like a modern saloon car.  The second option was to fit it in the nose cone as per the discussion on this thread.  Anyway, the angry grinder came out and next thing I know I've cut a hole in the front of the chasis

4046153682_fecc331d4b_m.jpg

Once I got the hole, the strip of metal along the bottom could be twanged like a guitar string so it needed strengthening.  So after I had cut the original webbed seat to bits for part of the front I had some angle iron left over with some tubes that if trimed would strengthen the guitar string nicely, so more cutting and more welding and the angle got fitted.

4045408999_0fe038dc52_m.jpg

So before I know it, I've got a hole in the front that in theory should house the fuel tank.  I haven't even measured it up yet, so I don't know the capacity.  Thinking on though as I am going to place the radiator in the front I think the front of the tank should have an angle on it so it directs the airflow upwards over the tank.  bit of messing to fabricate, but all part of the fun.

Andy

Angel Boy

Ok, my lovely lady for valentines got me three of these

4357562274_0954bb0035_m.jpg

Not sure what exactly they are off, but it is some quad of some kind. So the plan is to get it looking something like this

4356813283_884f5d461c_m.jpg

4357563296_db4d63d6c7_m.jpg

I have taken inspiration from the mountings on my hood so I'll be looking to fabricate a couple of these for side so it can fit to the existing suspension arm and then mount to the frame itself.

4356818581_61c0ae6edd_m.jpg

Will get around to making something eventually, but very slowly chipping away at it.  I also found out that the box in the background fits in the hole I made for the fuel tank, don't think it'll pass the IVA though.

Andy