Wheel Brackets

collie

Welcome to the fold!

We really ought to start making the chassis ourselves, seems between us we can supply everything else!

collie

Mini Mad Max":2b04tmhl said:
Steve is already onto that! :D
Anyway, welcome to the group! We supply alsorts of help as many people say on here as we all constantly ask questions.
Max :)
That'll teach me not to turn up to Stoneleigh and Newark! Sorry, no more useless ramblings, sorry for hijacking the post and welcome again Shaun.

biddleboy

collie":1d9vnhd1 said:
Welcome to the fold!

We really ought to start making the chassis ourselves, seems between us we can supply everything else!
well Alex bulk head plates are done moulds are done for the bonnets and engine cover bumpers are done Lazar cut plates and templates are done for front mud guard brackets all so templates are done for chequer plate just making jigs for the chassis now wont be long and i will get some pictures on here of (freestyle Mk 2) engine cover and bonnet there are some picture s in my photobucket if any body wants a look yes (max) been really busy

Asbo

[/quote]  Lazar cut plates and templates are done for front mud guard brackets
[/quote]

any chance of more info on these? im having a mare of a time trying to fabricate some that perform.....as well as look neat? cheers.wullie

jason_l

Lazar cut plates and templates are done for front mud guard brackets
[/quote]

any chance of more info on these? im having a mare of a time trying to fabricate some that perform.....as well as look neat? cheers.wullie
[/quote]

Second that i would be interested in these, or even the CAD file for these  ;D

Asbo

rear brackets would be nice too.....its easy welding them up,but a bit of a nitemare tryin to make them look good as well as having to put up with the constant use?

collie

Not considered rear brackets but I thought the mudguards fitted to the rear of the chassis?

Asbo

normal ones do,but i'm trying to fit chopper style things? probly use the originals,but modified,then use them as patterns for new ones.

biddleboy

yeah no probs guys just doing kev the counster some at the mo did you not have any in the kit then guys never will get some pictures up on here so you can have a look thay are the same as the ones that come with the kit but with solid bar and a little beefer
DSCF0289.jpg
DSCF0326-1.jpg
DSCF0321.jpg

Asbo

got mine already fitted to a somewhat bashed buggy! changing them for different arches tho,prob being cant find suitable brackets. :-\

collie

biddleboy":1pdakroh said:
yeah no probs guys just doing kev the counster some at the mo did you not have any in the kit then guys never will get some pictures up on here so you can have a look thay are the same as the ones that come with the kit but with solid bar and a little beefer
Got the mudguards but no rear brackets, they weren't on the parts list either so I assumed didn't need any?

Phaeton

Staff member
collie":utguggki said:
Got the mudguards but no rear brackets, they weren't on the parts list either so I assumed didn't need any?
Alex,

They weren't any for the rears you normally fitted them to the chassis like you thought. However as I have discs all round I used another set of fronts to mount mine on the hubs, looks like a few others have done the same. There has been mention of something in the IVA where the distance from tyre to guard cannot be greater than 35mm but as yet i haven't found it. By having the guard on the hub it gets round this, put it on the chassis & you have to be careful where you mount it.

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
Just been looking at the IVA manual, section 37 page 161 & diagram on page 162 I can see no mention of 35mm anywhere.

In essence it must do the following, taken from the centre of the wheel.
  • Cover more than 30 degrees forward of the centre line
  • Cover more than 50 degrees rearward of the centre line
  • Not terminate more than 150mm above the centre line at the rear
  • Cover the full width of the tyre for it's entire length

So as long as mounting on the chassis meets those criteria then you can continue, I intend to mount them on the chassis if I can on the one I'm currently building.

Alan...

collie

I saw that too!
There are 2 areas that concerned me:
- The 50 degrees rearward of centreline might be difficult to achieve with a chassis mount?
- What does 'A' stand for in the manual? There's no mention of it but it could be related to the 35mm you mentioned earlier?

jason_l

biddleboy":3rb19l22 said:

I Have the ones that came with the kit but im going to make some new ones, front and rear that mount to the hubs! Im just after the templates for the part that mounts to the hub and then i will be making my own arms to support them with!

biddleboy

hi jason will get some done and post them down to you just call it a beer will let you no wen thay are done just send me your address

Phaeton

Staff member
collie":9n95porp said:
I saw that too!
There are 2 areas that concerned me:
- The 50 degrees rearward of centreline might be difficult to achieve with a chassis mount?
Yep I can see that, will have a better look this weekend

collie":9n95porp said:
- What does 'A' stand for in the manual? There's no mention of it but it could be related to the 35mm you mentioned earlier?
I suspect it's something to do with the radii of a swept back guard, like a Morganesque kit may have been taken out of the text but not removed from the image.

Alan...