Wurzell's box oo er

Tonka

Hi wurzell whathave you done to the box on chris's old buggy I know about the 4 pin diff , Ihave to change out the diff oil seals leaking from both drive shafts if you have any tips.

Cheers doug

wurzell

They all leak oil eventually!!

Before you fit the new seals, check that there is not too much wear on the side cover bronze bushes, too much "slack" allows the output shafts/potjoints to bounce up and down, which wears the oilseals out very quickly... If their worn either fit a better/good secondhand cover, or I've got brand new Rover ones in stock, part number CHM 85 at £15.00 each plus p+p......

Check theres not a groove worn on the potjoint to seal face, that will make them leak..

Make sure you fit the watershields to the potjoints before you refit the shafts, or else road dirt/mud etc chews up the new seals very quickly...

Seem to remember it's a 4.1 helical CWP, centre oil pipe, few of my "special tricks" etc.......

Cheers, wurzell.

hmalan

Wurzell,

I have the same problem.

When you say you have the parts in stock, how do we order etc.

Alan

wurzell

See my first post in the "For Sale" section, email me your details/wants and I'll contact you (supply me with your email address)
Can supply good/used Diff Covers @£5.00 each, or New/Rover @ £15.00 each, but only have THREE new one's left, and not sure when/if I can get anymore, so it's first come, first serve.......

Will do quick mail order with postage at cost...