Search results

1. S

Fibreglass parts

What's everyone doing about fibreglass parts these days? I have a buyer interested in my old buggy but it never had a nose cone or rear arches. Are they available from anywhere or Dave Smart been seen recently?
  2. S

Freestyle Buggy in North West, £800ono

My old buggy for sale. Had it about 10 years and never managed to get it on the road. :( Managed to get it running a couple of years ago and drove it around a field for an hour but that was the only running it's ever done. - Part built up poder coated chassis - 1275 MG Metro Vanden Plas engine...
  3. S

1275 ABS Freestyle. North West. £2000 ono

1275 Unleaded buggy. Now open to offers around £2k BAD POINTS: No MOT (mainly because I'm not insured on this so can't drive it to the MOT station). Handbrake will probably need adjusting to pass. Nothing else I'm aware of but it's been SORN for about 12-13 months so who knows. Cycle computer...
  4. S

2 Freestyle buggies for sale. (One road legal)

The time has come to sell up :-\ Arrgh, just realised how huge my post is. To summarise: 1 road legal buggy. 1 part built buggy. various spare engines and parts. £3000 no offers I'm hoping to sell it all together as I think that having a road legal buggy along with the second chassis is a...
  5. S

Subframe mounting points

Just come to bolt up the subframe and run into an unexpected problem... The old chassis had 2 little circular lips which matched the ones on the subframe, like this... However, the new chassis doesn't have these, so the subframe ones poke through and there's a couple of mm play when the...
  6. S

What are these? And can I cut them off?

No, it's not a question my wife asked me.... These brackets were bolted to the subframe but I'm switching to a new subframe and don't see what they are for. They aren't on my other buggy
  7. S

Lenses for rear lights

Is there anywhere to get the lenses for the rear lights. I think they are the ones that Dave used to sell. Have the indicator, brake and rear lights in one unit. Just needs the coloured cover. Damn thing must have fallen off while I was out and about cos it's gone now :-[
  8. S

Off-road/dirt track day

Are there any rules here to prevent us linking to other similar forums? There is another similar forum that is organising a day on a dirt track in Wales. The track also has various off road areas and looks like it would be a hell of a lot of fun.
  9. S

13" Sportspack alloys

Anyone tried these on the freestyle? If so, do they fit OK? Any good?
  10. S

First time driving it!

Loaded the buggy (now named "The Grass Cutter") on my mates trailer today and took her to a field for a little fun testing Huge fun.  ;D ;D Was hard to get the power down in the wet field and occasionally popped out of gear when we hit a heavy rut but she survived intact. With the wheels...
  11. S

Cedric's New Home

Sorry for all you guys who were interested but Cedric came to his new home this morning. He's fully registered as freestyle & was SVA'd on 1st July, not been on the road since 2006, been used around farm land & you can tell by the amount of Staffordshire mud I brought back with me. It's either...
  12. S

What's your ride height?

I have adjustable ride height at the rear but not sure how high to set it. Anyone have any suggestions for field use?
  13. S

Measuring toe

Anyone got any simple DIY ways of measuring the toe in/out on front and rear of the buggy?
  14. S

Does camber change with wheel size?

Had my buggy on 12" knackered old wheels while I've been building it. The back always had visible positive camber. Just put the 10" wheels on it and all of a sudden the positive camber looks way worse, almost comical. So does camber change with wheel size or is it just an optical illusion?
  15. S

Which wheels are a direct fit?

Morning! I'm about the fit some wheels for ragging around in a field. Not sure the 10" ones I have will be best so I was thinking 14 or 15" Is there anything (cheap) that will fit directly without messing about. I don't understand offset and all that so was hoping there is something I can...
  16. S

Fuses

Just wiring up for off road use at the moment so no need for dials, lights or any of that nonsense. Just ignition circuits at the moment. Which bits should be fused? Just have one cable fused at the moment (can't remember which one, it's a white one from ignition barrel to something on the...
  17. S

Seat belts

Can anyone tell me if my seat belts look right? With it being important from a safety point of view I'm keen to have it done correctly. I have a couple of questions: 1) Is this the correct bolt to use on the bit that mounts at the top? Looks a lot shorter than the the thread on the freestyle...
  18. S

Securing throttle cable

Evening fellas. I've had my throttle cable in place for a while but I've never been happy with the way it's secured. It's doing the job fine for revving and driving up and down the garage but I'm not sure I would want to use it for anything more adventurous. If I remember correctly I made it...
  19. S

Fuel tank plumbing

So, another summer is here and I'm tempted to maybe do another job on the buggy... Can anyone tell me what to do with my fire extinguisher to turn it into a tank? I've got it in place but just need to know how to plumb it in. I was thinking of drilling a hole near the bottom of the tank and...
  20. S

So, has anyone passed the IVA?

Hey fellas, not been on for some time, but CAW came over today to look at my still unfinished buggy. I think I'm definitely the record holder for longest build now unless Malcolm is still around.. Got me thinking that I should do something with it rather than let it rot. So, has anyone passed...