Cedric's Rebuild Discussion Thread

Phaeton

Staff member
No sure Jason, I was expecting something that couldn't be saved, but have documents that somebody could do a re-shell with  ::) Then what was left could be used as a mule for a Micra conversion for Bumble. But frankly he's in far too good a condition for that, the powder coat is better than Bumbles, so I'm still thinking.

Alan...

jason_l

Lots of options! Keep us up to date with what you decide to do, will be watching this with great interest.

Jason  ;D

Mini Mad Max

Well if the egnine is dead in Cedric, Why not do a more powerful conversion like a twincam 16V engine or a motorbike engine :)
Max

jason_l

Mini Mad Max":bi541i1o said:
Seems like you'd prefer a different set up to what you got jason :p

LOL no im more than happy with what i have got in mine. Im a big fan of the 4EFTE i have. Just can't go wrong with a 4AGE and i love cars with thottle bodies. In fact im going to convert the MX5 to thottle bodies at some point, long way off that yet though  :D

Lots of options for engine conversions, to be honest i think Steves MGF option is probably going to be the easiest? Plus you have Steve for advise :D

CAW

Well that's not a basket case is it, looks like you need a rear extention to the garage now lol.

Well done you!

Andy

Phaeton

Staff member
jason_l":2gcewc5y said:
Just can't go wrong with a 4AGE

One of my all time favourite engine, but a couple of issues, on standard length 130bhp is not required & it's just too big. I'd like to do this without changing the rear end & make whatever I choose go into a standard Mini subframe.

I'm not looking for around 60-80bhp, it's 5 gears, lower engine revs & economy.

Alan...

wagon

AAZ - 1.9 TD from Mk3 golf?

Or SD - 1.6TD from Mk2 golf?

Both most excellent motors, My Caddy is rolling the 1.9.

Mini Mad Max

Ford sigma engine: 1.4 zetec s pushed out about 70 i think.... 1.6 sigma zetec s as standard will propell you to the dizzying heights of 102bhp! Sigma engines are supprisingly compact, cheap, easy to come by spares :)
Max

Radar

Alan read some of the suggestions above .............................. and in your spare time  lmfao

good luck with whatever you decide :)

Radar

Steves2580

Well done Alan!

You've got a few options there, may be you can take the best bits off Mr B, to make Cedric a very tidy machine.
Then Mr B can be converted into a beast!!

Since my conversion, I've covered 100 miles mainly screaming/drifting etc and I've only used quarter of a tank of juice!

If I do get to Newark, I'm hoping for there and back on one tank full ;)

Steve ;D

Phaeton

Staff member

just found an old picture of Cedric at Stoneleigh 2005 (stolen from http://www.deathwagon.co.uk/index.php?s ... _2005)

kitcar_2005_011.jpg

kitcar_2005_011.jpg

Not sure who the guy leaning up against it is, maybe the owner at that time, Steve's is there I think I can just see Danny's right at the far end, not sure about the one in the foreground

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
Can you see it now Danny? it's there in 'preview' but not when posted, I would report it to the sysadmin but I don't think he'd do anything

Alan...