ChaosMS's Ultralite Buggy Build Discussion Thread

Mini Mad Max

Danny":x8nopf3k said:
Mini Mad Max":x8nopf3k said:
That's great news Rich! When is the retest? I'm worried that all those little points will trip me up when I come to get mine tested haha. Will you be attending stoneleigh this weekend?
You will doing yours in your retirement max so you will have bags of time

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I realise I have not updated my build diary in a while so you have no idea how close I am to IVA... ;)

Phaeton

Staff member
Mini Mad Max":uzzoes9z said:
I realise I have not updated my build diary in a while so you have no idea how close I am to IVA... ;)
Max we have known you since you were in short pants, we ALL know how much more you have done on it :D

ChaosMS

:D Ha Ha Max your not going to win mate!! :D

As for the Show im working on the buggy this weekend so probably not - if your passing Max drop in mate it would be good to catch up again!!

As for Photos, im going to take some more this weekend on the bits I failed on and what I did to fix it plus some updated shots of the prep for the test

Oh and as for the retest Andrew told me to drop him an email and he would do the retest during his lunch hour! (he said it should only take a max of 20 mins) as it was getting busy again - I think fixing his laptop issues for him whilst I was there helped a lot!

Thanks everyone

Rich

Mini Mad Max

ChaosMS":1bwkkmh5 said:
:D Ha Ha Max your not going to win mate!! :D

As for the Show im working on the buggy this weekend so probably not - if your passing Max drop in mate it would be good to catch up again!

Haha we'll see who has the last laugh... ;)
As for dropping by, I'm living in Cambridge this year so it's not really on the way past! I'll be back for a long weekend of buggy work on the second may bank holiday. I might pop in then :)

Max

ChaosMS

Good News Everyone!!! - SHE PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O0 ::) ;D

Emailed the test center last week about the resit to find that Andrew was on a training course until Friday, so thought fine its next week for the resit, however got an email from him late Thursday night asking me if I could do Friday afternoon if he had a space free, so I said yes (and booked a day off quick) then got another email from him saying hed checked and could sort the resit at 14:15 on Friday - so I said yeah see you then!

Long Story (I will post pics in the thread later today)short - another 80 miles up the motorway, 45mins in the test center verifying everything and re-doing the emissions test, which was the only major thing wrong and I am now the happy owner of a IAC certificate!!

All i have to do now is get the correct docs from DVLA/DVSA - which Andrew told me was a registration pack including the v55/5 - website is a little unclear so if anyone here knows better please shout out!!

I have lots of pics and info so ill do a good write up on the whole iva test later today

Rich

ChaosMS

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going mental with the DVLA!!!!

So they rejected my registration first pass saying I had to prove it was built in the uk and / or get a NOVA registration number from HMRC - A nova registration is for imported vehicles and requires me to pay HMRC tax for importing!!!

It would seem that the amalgamation of the DVLA and VOSA to the DVSA isnt as seamless as first thought, even though its the same address!!

I sent the certificate and all documents listed on the V55/5 registration pack - what I should of done is check the last line on the v55/5 registering web page and not assumed as I had sent all the docs once before that that info would be shared between sections!

So had to re-submit including all the photos again and all the receipts (originals this time after a long discussion with the dvla)

But whats really pi$$ing me off is the bloody minded attitude of most of the people who seem to work (and thats a stretch) at the DVLA - it took 4 attempts over a couple of hours to get hold of someone who actually knew what they were talking about and didnt want to just fob me off! - The first lady I spoke to actually told me that photos of me building the buggy in my own garage was no proof that i had built it in the uk!! she was a snotty cow and it took everything I had, not to tell her her she was being a useless pain in the ass!!

So now I wait - Again - for god knows how long - they say 10 days from receipt of the paperwork but actually its 10 days from when they get around to looking at the paperwork which at the moment is at least another week.

fingers crossed they don't reject it again

Rich

Phaeton

Staff member
At least in the old days you could go to the local office & argue it out, when they are on the end of the phone they think they are invincible

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

Danny

Administrator
Ah I remember dealing with those idiots... I called one a thicko and he told me he was trained and I pointed out that training in grooming dogs does not help me getting my car registered

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

ChaosMS

Thanks guys - im going to phone them again tomorrow to see if they have bothered to look at the paperwork yet! - Wish me luck !! :)

Phaeton

Staff member
Hopefully you will get somebody who actually knows what they are talking about there are a few of them

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

ChaosMS

Hi Alan, got through to a helpful individual who did check for me but they havent even looked at the paperwork yet! she said to call back towards the end of next week - sigh

ChaosMS

Just had a call from the Kits and Rebuilds team at the DVLA - A very nice lady asked me a few questions about the build and then told me she was sorry but due to me not having the V5 for the donor car (As it was a insurance write off and the V5 had gone back to the DVLA) she could only issue a Q plate!! - My response was after 6 years i dont care what it is as long as it has one!!!

So looks like my main issue was I followed the instructions on the V55/5 paperwork and sent it to the address it told me to, which turned out to be the wrong address and its taken ages bouncing from one team to another to finally drop on her desk this morning!!!!! and she has sorted it and requested a new plate and I will get everything no later than Monday!! (Before 1:00 special delivery)

As soon as I get the info pack ill post the correct address for sending the V55/5 and other docs to then the next member to register (Max??) should not have the same issue!

Rich

Mini Mad Max

Rich,

There probably won't be a dvla when I have actually finished mine (haha beat you to it Alan! ;) )

I did take your instructions for applying for a vin number and had no issues whatsoever, so some time next year (being very optimistic as per usual), your advice will be greatly appreciated :)

Does this mean your beast will be on the road very soon?

Max