Collie's Freestyle Buggy Discussion thread.

collie

Lilspeed":1yt4cx6a said:
Nice! Keep up the good work, I'm watching your pedal box progress with interest ;)

Thanks for the link, they are awesome seats. Triton Race Products do a similar item, but no option to upholster.
Oh dear, I'm under pressure now!
One thing to be aware with the seats, the model I got are a tight squeeze! Though you can get different widths.

Mini Mad Max

collie":8wlyizjb said:
Lilspeed":8wlyizjb said:
Nice! Keep up the good work, I'm watching your pedal box progress with interest ;)

Thanks for the link, they are awesome seats. Triton Race Products do a similar item, but no option to upholster.
Oh dear, I'm under pressure now!
One thing to be aware with the seats, the model I got are a tight squeeze! Though you can get different widths.
I got quite narrow fibreglass seats too. If they were much wider though, they would struggle to fit in the buggy properly!

collie

I sat in mine the other week with our eldest, he was rattling around in the seat (being 5) for me it was a bit of a squeeze! Time to lose a few pounds methinks! :-[

collie

Progress is super slow at the moment! But atleast it's still progress! We're all well thanks, hope fatherhood is suiting you?

wagon

Just checked into your thread!

Looking good - shame about the paint flaking :mad:

Where did you get the blue edge strip stuff? Think I could use some of that :)

Lilspeed

Strangely enough I've got a bit of the old flakey paint syndrome too!

On mine, I suspect it's because the interior panels and floor are made of galvanised. Apparently there's a special primer available.

Mini Mad Max

A little more progress is always good to see! :) The problem with the paint is it soponifies becuase of the rection with the zinc, you do need to use a special metals primer. Usually looks fucia pink coloured when applying and it dries a teracotta colour. When the paint peels, if it smells really bad underneath then it will be because it is doing this and you haven't used primer. My old galvanised panels were like this so i made chequerplate ones instead :) Keep chipping away at all the tasks! Or you could do what i've done and cheat by calling in the help of others! Haha.
Max

collie

Yes guys, you're both bang on! ...and Max, you're a fountain of knowledge!
Guy's, I used smoothrite foolishly thinking it will coat anything, seems I was wrong, I've since found that hammerite do special primer for galvanised surfaces. :-\
I would progress quicker if I could, but serious lack of funds and our Gert not being well means I can progress but slowly. Like you say Max, at least it's progress! :)