Freestyle for sale

250buggys

Another SVA deluxe kit with the ally pannels and lighting.

Interesting the fuel tank is blocking any air path to the rad, especially being tucked well away anyway. Must have got pretty hot.

Looks like there have been lots of holes drilled in the frame tube, this must degrade the strength and let condensation in to rot the inside.

Classic mini parts are sooooo expensive, would be difficult to make this a viable build.

I think the recent black one was tidier.

Screenshot_20230819-203912001 (1).jpg

Phaeton

Staff member
LOL I missed seeing this by 10 minutes, would have had a bid had I seen it earlier, I know the Freestyle very well & know it's history.

stus74

The guy is meant to be paying me a deposit today and collecting after the bank holiday. If he messes about want first refusal?

If you know any history on this one I would love to know, I brought it from a neighbour as non-runner, he also had a really nice road legal one and I did wonder if the plates ever got muddled up and this was once road legal, couldn't quite understand why have them both otherwise 😅

Phaeton

Staff member
The guy is meant to be paying me a deposit today and collecting after the bank holiday. If he messes about want first refusal?

If you know any history on this one I would love to know, I brought it from a neighbour as non-runner, he also had a really nice road legal one and I did wonder if the plates ever got muddled up and this was once road legal, couldn't quite understand why have them both otherwise 😅
The buggy originates from Doncaster, it was owned by a member who used to be on here, HMalan, I SVA's it on his behalf probably 2008(ish) it just needed a few things doing & then physically taking, it passed the SVA & was registered, in fact here is the advert when he decided to sell, think he was after a Porsche https://www.muddybuggies.com/forum/index.php?threads/freestyle-for-sale-998.1634/

Your neighbour wouldn't be called Mark would he?

Phaeton

Staff member
If the deposit doesn't come through I'll send you it tonight & come collect one evening, I presume the wheel can be put back on.

250buggys

The buggy originates from Doncaster, it was owned by a member who used to be on here, HMalan, I SVA's it on his behalf probably 2008(ish) it just needed a few things doing & then physically taking, it passed the SVA & was registered, in fact here is the advert when he decided to sell, think he was after a Porsche https://www.muddybuggies.com/forum/index.php?threads/freestyle-for-sale-998.1634/

That is funny, when I was looking for a Freestyle Wally said his was for sale up the road from me in Suffolk but someone else bought it from under me and that happened again with your old Cedric buggy Alan that James had, I had arranged to hire the trailer and he text me and said he sold to someone else instead....

3rd time lucky I guess. You must be in double figures for Freestyles now. 😃

stus74

That is funny, when I was looking for a Freestyle Wally said his was for sale up the road from me in Suffolk but someone else bought it from under me and that happened again with your old Cedric buggy Alan that James had, I had arranged to hire the trailer and he text me and said he sold to someone else instead....

You do know a bit of the history! Interesting advert and yep he was called Mark, moved a few years ago but that's the chap. Figured it was road legal at one point and guessed the paperwork must have got lost 🤔😉

You do know a bit of the history! Interesting advert and yep he was called Mark, moved a few years ago but that's the chap. Figured it was road legal at one point and guessed the paperwork must have got misplaced 🤔😉

No deposit yet but will give him the benefit of the doubt til Tuesday, dont like to go back in a handshake unless I am worried about being messed around

The studs from the wheel got snapped (thanks to a 16 year old taking it out when he shouldn't), have the new studs and new spacer so will go back on but needs to be done. Have started to take it apart but then it sat there. Should be some photos on the listing.

If you still want it I will chase him tomorrow for the deposit otherwise it's yours, would be good to get it back to someone who has some history with it. Wish I could have got it on the road!

Phaeton

Staff member
Let me know, I had changed tack & was thinking of building from scratch, but keep being drawn back to Freestyles

Phaeton

Staff member
Chris,

The first was Mary, I then finished Matt Black's build, then HMAlan's build, then went onto build Bumble, Cedric came & went, did toy around for a bit trying to get a Metro with an R65 gearbox & front subframe to fit, but abandoned that, so it's only 5 really, just feels like 10 sometimes 😂😂

Alan.