Got a Freestyle Buggy at last!

Phaeton

Staff member
250buggys":yqy0z7ua said:
Fitted the interior mirror.

View attachment 1
Just check that the interior mirror works for you there, I have always found them too close to you to get a good view, both Simon & myself have moved it about 6 inches forward of the front beam, gives a far better view.

See if you can see it on this image
IMAG0529_1.jpg

250buggys

Alan you are right the mirror is probably too close. Can you remember what car your mirror came from?

Phaeton

Staff member
Pretty sure it's a standard Mini one, it's a long time ago now, I'm not sure how but I believe I managed to get the ball off the arm somehow & then fasten it to the end of the plate. I'm fetching the car week Sunday out of storage so will look then, but there are some posts about where Simon (Esdebe) made an arm but again can't remember what from

Phaeton

Staff member
file.php
Never seen an accleraror cable like that before, but it looks like standard hydraulic so any hydraulic shop or farm spares place may have what you need

Phaeton

Staff member
Not sure where your brake light is going bu be aware of the following, it can't be within 100mm or 4" in old money

Selection_050.png

Mini Mad Max

The side panels look great! I think I must have gone off chequer-plate a bit now, as that looks really good in just plain ally.

250buggys

Phaeton":3cvnlx5s said:
Not sure where your brake light is going bu be aware of the following, it can't be within 100mm or 4" in old money

Employing some very crude measuring the attached pic shows the fog light is near as dam it 100mm from the brake cluster. Hoping this should be OK.

Attachments

• DSC_1699.JPG
    DSC_1699.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 7,241

ChaosMS

Actually I think its measured reflector to reflector so basically edge of the lamp to edge of lamp - at least it was when he tested mine :)

250buggys

I've got this annoying leak from the top of the thermostat housing.

DSC_1738.JPG

Looking at the underside of of the housing it's not evident how water can even get out through the bolt hole.

DSC_1740.JPG

I have replaced the housing as I thought there may be a crack and the gasket too and also bolts but still leaking,

Has anyone got any ideas or seen this before please?