Hi there, Newbie here.

Steves2580

Hello there!
Has your Hammerhead got all the legal lighting kit??
If so, then the original owner will have all the docs to just go and register it. It will have a chassis number somewhere you'll just have to find it!!
Let us know how you get on!

Steve.

drunksquirrel99

Hi thanks for the welcome, I bought the hammerhead as a complete build from a rich couple who bought it for their child 2 years ago, theyve only done 190miles on it. It was in a bit of a state when I got it (electrics wouldnt work - easily solved, frame a bit battered - still a little battered but better than it was, lights snapped off and a few other minor bits like low idle etc)
Ive only had it a couple of weeks but its a great drive, breaks a little soft but thats my next job.
The lights are road legal (complete set with number plate light etc, but the people i bought it off didnt have it registered. Ive contacted the importer and he says that it is a Chineese import and that the chassis was never registered in the EU this was his reply.

Thanks for your enquiries, it is appreciated.
Sadly, your machine does not appear to be a Eu homologated machine. HH 250 Machines that are road legal in the Uk and Europe usually have chassis numbers that begin; LOBBTRGY5...........
The only way that you will be able to register your machine will be to get an SVA done and register it from there. Beware though, SVA requirements are very different to WVTA's and it will not be straight forward!
Sorry that I am unable to help you in this instance.
My regards to you,

So it looks like im going to have to do the SVA test myself, But because Ive not got the documents Im going to strip it down and re-build but Im going to photo it as I go. This being one was Ive found to get around the rules of not having paperwork. Ive dedicated this week to do that but My friend has just bought a landrover as a donor car to put a new engine in his old military style landy and Ive been roped into helping. Ill start a build thread tonight.
Thanks again for the welcome

Steves2580

Hi,

I don't want to be the barer of bad news, but to get a unregistered Hammerhead through an IVA test (SVA is now out of date), is going to take a lot of time and money.
You would be better off, buying a second hand (road legal) one off ebay, it would be far cheaper :(

Sorry,

Steve.

drunksquirrel99

What you talking about Willis? The SVA is outdated???? Ahhhh, so much for that idea, anyone wanna buy a buggy??? Only joking, thanks steves for that das news. Its not a worry, Ill look at pimping it for major off-road use then, Anyone idea anyone?