National Kitcar Motor Show, Stoneleigh 2nd & 3rd May 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phaeton

Staff member
Guys & Errant Girl,

Got the paperwork through from Grosvenor Exhibitions about a club stand at Stoneleigh. I'm going to be rash & say we will be having 10 buggies there (as if) but this year we really do need to try to get the record  which I believe is a lowly 5  :(

Alan...

Radar

217 miles each way for me !!! G-U-L-P

I do enjoy Stonleigh and try to go every year either in a kit car or my road car would like to go in buggy but will depend on a few things any chance of a meet up and convoy to break up the monotony ??of travelling on ones own !

Does anyone camp ??

Phaeton

Staff member
Radar":1cenygkl said:
217 miles each way for me !!! G-U-L-P

That's a bit of a good run  ;D

any chance of a meet up and convoy to break up the monotony ??of travelling on ones own !

I'll definitely be going & you sort of come past me so could do the last 100 mile together

Does anyone camp ??

That's the usual game, although it was mighty cold last year, slept fully clothed inside sleeping bag & was still shivering

Alan...

yorkshire

I'm going to try and make this one.

Got a few things to sort out on  the buggy first but intend to get it back on the road for the end of April.

Shaun

Mini Mad Max

This is the one show i'm usually allowed out to but this weekend always co-insides with my brothers birthday and he'll be 21.... although he always enjoys being there too. I should be there with a bit of luck and persuasion from my parents, Radar I wont be in the buggy but you can convoy with me as the best root is the m6 from the north.
I used to be able to get to stoneleigh in under 10 mins, now it's more like 3-4 hours but hey that's the price you pay when moving into the country :D
Max

esdebe

well it all depends on the misses and the sprog being dropped...  If it is early I may get to come, but will only be for one day...  If it is on time or later then there is no chance....  If I am allowed to come I may have to bring my other son with me to give the misses a break so that will mean that I may have to use the every day car instead of the buggy...  A share really as I've taken my  buggy to all the stoneleigh ones since I finished building it.

Danny

Administrator
I have only missed one stoneleigh which was 2009 and teh one before my buggy shat itself in towcester....lol

We are all hopeing that jasia drops it early...lol

Danny

team-x

Hi all, we are running the offroad track at Practical Perfomance Car magzines car in the park day which is the day before stoneleigh! is is also only 19 miles away.

How do you fancy coming to play on a motocross track before going to stoneleigh?

i have put a thread on the forum....

My question is what sort of buggies are allowed on the club stand? Am I a member due to being registred on here? Was thinking of booking a club stand myself, but if you are open to me parking on yours....

Thanks, pat.

Steve

I'll be there, as for meeting up I could do the last 16 miles.

Simon, didn't you get that crash helmet for him?

esdebe

Nope not got the helmet for him yet, not sure he would wear it...  Think I will wait another year or so before I take him on anything more than just a slow drive into town... He's not even 2 yet, seems very interested in the buggy when it is stationary and likes to sit on my lap and pretend to drive it back wards and forwards on the drive.

Danny

Administrator
Anybuggies on the club stand.... the more the merrier!

I would probably pop down to teh track although my buggy is running for the road no mud really...lol

My nephew is keen about the buggy too

lol

Danny

PS stoneleigh is always a rush for me to get ready.... so the staurday is always a toughy!

collie

Going to see if I can get my card stamped by muddy chic for this event though it'll be minus buggy as I don't have towbar or trailer (Yet!  :D)

Danny

Administrator
Hello All,

I am in a situation.... I have my operation on the 20 april..... I am hoping I will be ok to get here, My bro inlaw (erm ex bro in law) said he can drive ect so fingers crossed

Danny

Steves2580

Hi all,

Do you normally set up on the Saturday or just get there early on the Sunday ???

I'm going to try my best to be there, but theres a house moved sort of planned (fingers crossed) ::)

If I can make it down, it would only be for the Sunday, work on Monday :mad:

cheers, Steve.

Phaeton

Staff member
I won't be coming down till Sunday, I don't get back off holiday until Friday night & may be still rebuilding Saturday (hope not). I'll wave to you as I come down the M6 from the Lake District.

Alan...

jason_l

I may come along to this also, just to meet you all and get some parts and idea's. Won't bring the buggy but will try and get up on the sunday if i can.

Jason :D

Mini Mad Max

I might trek down saturday evening and camp... 4 hours for me!

Phaeton":3ef9995y said:
I won't be coming down till Sunday, I don't get back off holiday until Friday night & may be still rebuilding Saturday (hope not). I'll wave to you as I come down the M6 from the Lake District.

Alan...
Where abouts are you staying at?
Max

Status
Not open for further replies.