National Kitcar Motor Show, Stoneleigh 2nd & 3rd May 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Danny
Did you get back o.k.
If there is no reply has anyone heard from Danny.
Last I saw of him he was heading off in to the sunset, Alone in his injured Buggy.

Simon
I think I need some lessons in "How to put a tent away". Bloody thing. Goes up in two seconds, takes four hours to get it back in the bag.
I may as well mention it before Danny gets in first.

Steve

Danny

Administrator
I am home.....

Painful weekend but thanks to everybody...

will update propper tomorrow

SIMON I HAVE A COMPANY THAT CAN STRAIGHTEN THAT STEEL..... JANES DAD SAID IT WONT BE A PROB!! CALL ME TOMORROW MATE (sorry)

Danny

Phaeton

Staff member
PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES

;D ;D ;D ;D

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
SN850964.jpg

SN850965.jpg

SN850965.jpg

SN850967.jpg

SN850968.jpg

Danny

Administrator
Ok so this is probably the only show of the year that I have been most preparred for ie the car was running well and I was not rushing around the night before....

I got to simons nice and early and had a bacon sarnie...(thanks) and then headed off... taking it easy yes I was actually driving more sensibly than normal keeping my distance and not doing anything stupid....

About 2 miles from the show a van starts pulling out simon lets him go but he doesnt I come round the corner and faced with a slow buggy and no where to go I slam everthing on but to late and I plant mine in teh back of simons.

I was a little dazed and drove down the road and simon asked where my nose cone was I look round I had left it in middle of road I run back and recobver it.....happy!

we drive to teh show and I am cursing like a gooden but hey what can be done. I had to tow simon in through the gates as I had damaged a fuel line.

Get to the stand and we assess damage.... well I go find a first aid tent cos i had a splitting headache and the henia was not feeling toooo great!!

I get back and with help with pretty much everybody in teh club and max's dad we pull the front of my car apart and go about straightening the front....

The day passes quick and we have a BBQ then everybody goes and then its me steve and sam to drown our sorrows... it was pretty good to catch up with steve...

The sleep was pretty good my sleeping bag was awesome and kept me lovely and toasty so that was a result!

The following day there was only 2 buggys the stand  not quite as good as teh previous 8 but still we had a bit of interest. Between me steve and a big hammer we manged to straighten out the nose and get it somewhere near what it needs to be... thanks again!

We plum it all back in and we are laughing the battery was repaired with silicon and bodge tape... thanks jerry for the tip!

It was time to leave teh show and we start putting down tents and I had my all but rolled up and put away and I found it quite amusing watching steve wrestle with his quick up tent about 6 weeks passed and we cant get it sussed.... we decide to go find teh tent man and get a demo... he has already left so we were left to find some bungy cord and see about getting it on the roof fot steve to worry about when he gets home £10 a later on bungys and steve suddenly gets a brain wave and it folds up nice and easy....lol was a funny moment

I leave the show and take it easy on teh way home then get to daventry and the buggy splutters and dies... I think ok switch fuel tanks and I will be away... nope tank is already on... crap!

After 10 mins and 2 hale storms later I decide to phone recovery... then every kid an his dog comes over and was harassing me telling me its my battery.... yer ok mate.. then thay all wanted to take it for a spin I am like mate I broken down.....

the recovery comes and we establish that the fuel pump is lazy... well I say he did I dont think teh dummy new what an engine was so we loaded her up and I was on my way home again!

Thats that!

not the best weekend of my life but it was good to meet up with everybody and see new faces and people and in different circumstances it would be even better.

Thanks to those who helped and sorry to simon for giving him a buggy trailer...lol by the way I am not following simon again... we need some decellerating lights I think....lol

Anybody with photos can you email me info at muddybuggies dot com

All the best

Danny

Phaeton

Staff member
Danny":kd7af02h said:
Thanks to those who helped and sorry to simon for giving him a buggy trailer...lol by the way I am not following simon again... we need some decellerating lights I think....lol

Yeah that engine of his is so high compression, he never uses the brakes.

Alan...

collie

Hi All, we had a great day on Monday, lots and lots to see though the weather could have been better, we did see Danny and Steve going hammer and tongues at a nosecone and some old duffers telling them how to do it, mind you, I dunno about it being a big hammer Danny, looked like a toffee hammer to me  :D
We could see you wrestling with an awkward situation so we left you both to it.

Danny

Administrator
haha you should have said hello I am always looking for an excuse to stop work....lol

Had plenty of old duffers on the stand...lol

You should have seen the stand on Sunday!!

Danny

esdebe

I had actually  stopped to let the man in the van out, so a decelerating light may not have helped at that point.  However after this accident and after talking to Steve on last years Wales run I think I may fit a switch i can activate the brake light with when I take my foot off the accelerator....

Danny

Administrator
esdebe":2gudks0k said:
I had actually  stopped to let the man in the van out, so a decelerating light may not have helped at that point.  However after this accident and after talking to Steve on last years Wales run I think I may fit a switch i can activate the brake light with when I take my foot off the accelerator....

:D

Danny

Steve

Danny
I have some photos ready to send to you, but does not recognise the email address where you said (Anybody with photos can you email me info at muddybuggies dot com).
If you pm your email address, I will try them that way.
Steve

Mini Mad Max

Danny":j8mv0ozr said:
esdebe":j8mv0ozr said:
I had actually  stopped to let the man in the van out, so a decelerating light may not have helped at that point.   However after this accident and after talking to Steve on last years Wales run I think I may fit a switch i can activate the brake light with when I take my foot off the accelerator....

:D

Danny
The last i saw of steve was his buggy dirving off into the fading light and his reverse light beaming like a light house ;D

Steve

Max
I think you will find it was Samantha who was driving at the time, so I will blame her for leaving the reversing light on. Women drivers, wouldn't of happened if I was in control of the car.
Sorry to see you had gone by the time I came back, I thought you were staying over until the Monday.
See you at the next show.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.