Sail Flag, Event Flag, Club Flag,

Phaeton

Staff member
One of the things that was said at Stoneleigh was we ought to have a club flag, one of those sail flags that sticks in the ground or under a wheel. Cheapest I have found is here SAILFLAGS either £89 for a square type one or £129 for the curved type. Does anyone know anybody who we can get it cheaper from? I can probably get the artwork done for nothing, unless someone knows were we can definitely get it for nothing.

This then leads on to the question of payment for it, this is a free club with no membership fees etc. Danny already pays for the hosting of the server, he cross funds it with advertising off his other sites, so we very lucky on that account. I don't want to scare anybody off & if you don't want to pay then that's fine just thought it would be nice to bring a few more diverse members in & make us look a bit more professional. Please send me a PM if you are willing to contribute & by how much I will not disclose it to anyone, just show a running total.

Alan...

jason_l

Alan, this is a great idea!!!

Im happy to pay towards it as the help and support i have been given on here has been priceless.

Although im happy to pay towards it could we not make one for cheaper than this??? It would only need some box section steel welded up to create a fork piece that a car wheel could sit over and then a simple poll. Im sure we could find somewhere that could print the banner for a good price???

Im happy to do the welding etc and i even have the buggy in the workshop here so can test it out.

Jason :p

Phaeton

Staff member
Jason,

Don't think the pole is an issue, I 'think' Simon (esdebe) may already have one, I can fabricate a spike/clamp/bracket/whatever it's the actual flag/sail etc. Please by all means find a cheaper alternative hence one of the main reasons for the post.

Alan...

jason_l

Phaeton":f2x93l47 said:
Jason,

Don't think the pole is an issue, I 'think' Simon (esdebe) may already have one, I can fabricate a spike/clamp/bracket/whatever it's the actual flag/sail etc. Please by all means find a cheaper alternative hence one of the main reasons for the post.

Alan...

I will see what i can find about a rough price for a flag, any idea of a size we want???

Jason :)

Steve

Count me in, (I'll PM you later)
It would be nice to show people we are a CLUB, just a pity there were no details on how to buy a kit.
There seemed to be quite a bit of interest this year, I know I had a few people ask me where they could buy one.

jason_l

Phaeton":15894u3a said:
jason_l":15894u3a said:

I was thinking more of the sail flags so we can be seen from a distance across the show field, a banners okay but you have to be close to see it.

Alan...

Completely agree alan, was just thinking that if he can do a banner of that size for that price then maybe i can see if he will knock up some sail's for a similar price?

Either way im happy to give some money :)

collie

I have 2 plain white sail flags (ready for screen printing) 2 flag poles (bendy type, though think one may be broken :-( ) and 2 sky guys. I also have spikes for the poles and 2 metal stillages to put a buggy wheel over for the poles and a stand banner.
I will be more than happy to donate these to the club.
Sky guyz in action:

Banners
white_feather_banners-th.jpg

Sky Guyz
57032-Sky-Guy_orange-th.jpg
57035-Sky-Guy_blue-th.jpg

The company I got all my stuff from is: http://www.skyblueleisure.co.uk/
I find their stuff fantastic value and great to talk to.  Good bunch and got a discount when I called!
Be useful to get some more poles?
http://www.skyblueleisure.co.uk/acatalog/Telescopic_Poles.html

Phaeton

Staff member
The man's a hero

So do we just need a screen print shop now? Will they need printing both sides or just one?

Alan...

collie

Phaeton":1ztupnxl said:
The man's a hero

So do we just need a screen print shop now? Will they need printing both sides or just one?

Alan...
The sail flag material is really thin so would only allow screen printing, and only on one side (as far as I'm aware)
Unless you can get a teeshirt printer to print the that plasticy sort of stuff onto it, then 2 sides may be possible??
I am car-less at the moment so unable to transport up to you, do you know a good auto-electrician?

Phaeton

Staff member
collie":sc7nbwzn said:
The sail flag material is really thin so would only allow screen printing, and only on one side (as far as I'm aware)

No worries if we get them both done inverse of each other they can go each end of stand.

collie":sc7nbwzn said:
I am car-less at the moment so unable to transport up to you, do you know a good auto-electrician?

Again not an issue let me knoe when you're in & which side of the road you're living at & I'll come over. Yes, but you need a mortgage to pay him!! What's actually wrong?

Alan...

HolyCount

biddleboy":18lpk2uo said:
yes you can count me in i should be able to find some spare change anythink to get more intrest

On that point -- it was recently mentioned in connection with Stoneleigh -- but I can't find the post........ I gather a few people expressed an interest in building a buggy.  Has anyone heard from Dave recently --- annyone know what is happening on the production side of things ?

biddleboy

i think that is a question every body want answered kev and no its like he do-sent want to know any more as steve said in an earlyer post we a lot of intrest and i all so had alot of people asking were can i get a kit from is it still in production

Mini Mad Max

Yes the simple answer is no, I was one of them people who asked, it made me upset to know that no more people can enjoy the buggies like we will. Although the occasional one does arise on ebay :)
Max

collie

Alan,
I also have "for hire" collapsible gazebo.
Not your cheap ass Aluminium, but steel poles, black water proof cloth, 2 zippable and 2 window side inserts.