Sail Flag, Event Flag, Club Flag,

Asbo

alan......i have one of those 'banner' type flag things that i'd gladly donate. its white,approx 10 feet high,by 2 feet wide. bonus side,its already printed with bentley wording and logo,so no need for costly screenprinting.? ;D

anyways,how much is the shortfall for the club chip-in thing? i'd gladly add to the fund.

Asbo

has the club banner/flag thing ground to a halt or wot? how about we all donate a tenner to get things rolling,looking good as a club?  ::)

Phaeton

Staff member
Wullie, Not ground to a halt, just had other things to do, I now have 2x white flags for screen printing, 2x sky guys, 1x pole & 2x sets of pole spikes all donated by Alex (Collie). So next bit (hopefully this week) is to get a price for the screen printing then present the shopping list & start asking for the actual money.

Shopping list will be

Poles (I think they are 5m) 3x £6.99 = £20.97
Pole spikes sets 2x 4.99 = £9.98
Storage bags 2x £2.99 = £5.98
Delivery 1x £3.99
Plus the cost of the printing, I think from the pledges I've had I can raise enough money depending on the screenprint cost, but will lwt you know.

Alan...

Radar

Count me in for  a £10 Alan ( re your suggested contribution)  small price to pay let me know when /how you want it...

Pete

hi i was wondering if the club banner that the wife and i made for mini in the park a few years ago is still on the seen?  is it still usable?

made it for less than a tenner.  £3 bed sheet and a pack of t-shirt transfer papers.  also used 3 brush handles - £1 each. - bargin but did the job at the time

esdebe

Yes it (other banner) is, Intended to get from Danny before last show but didn't have time, however will attempt to pop round to his parents next week and pick it up.

Simon

Danny

Administrator
Yup its at my house.

0 one two three four three nine one thre three two

Say hi to my parents for me!!

Danny

Phaeton

Staff member
I have ordered 2 more poles will continue to use the broken one Collie (Alex) donated until it gives up completely these came to £38 including delivery. The screen printing is going to be vinyl letters cut out & then ironed onto the flags that was what they recommended the cost is going to be £75.

So I'm looking for donations now to recoup my outlay, how does everyone want to do this, still keep it secret or publish a list of donations?let me have your thoughts.

You can donate via the beer token icon at the side, only thing I would ask if using that method is you send it as a gift so I don't have to pay all the charges. You will have to pay them, so you may consider lowering your donation, I will leave that up to you. I'll take photos & put them up after Newark.

Alan...

esdebe

I'll give you cash at Newark if that is OK (so PayPoo doesn't get a share), also I don't mind if my name appears on a list.

Simon

jason_l

I think if you send the money as a gift then neither party will be charged and there is NO paypal charge. Or so i believe?  ???

HolyCount

Am at work at the moment (cough ... breakfast break  ::)  )  Will sort out when I get home tonight.

Don't mind a list or being anon.  ...... whichever way it goes  :)

collie

Look forward to seeing the sail flags finally in use! Hope you have a good weekend at Newark. 8)

Phaeton

Staff member
Right I can't get a full consensus on whether to put names to amounts so I'm not going to put the amounts on but just list the contributors

Collie (2xFlags, 2xPoles, 2xSkymen)
Phaeton
Holycount
Esdebe
MJ2205
Steve
Radar
HMalan
RichardG
Wulliescosse

So far collected in £80 shortfall currently £35

Alan...

HolyCount

Leave it a few days and if we are still short I will add to the pot again. I am sure some of the guys that only visit now and again will want to help  ;D