Seats

robcoles

I'm looking for a pair of seats to replace the hard fibreglass seats I have in my buggy.
Any of you guys got a pair for sale or could you point me in the right direct :)

250buggys

Rob, not sure if there is any info already on the forum but would be good to get a list going of all the seats that will fit in a freestyle. The seats I have are awesome but need to be shoe horned in and no room for a proper centre console.

Phaeton

Staff member
I have seats from a Lotus Elise MK1 (I think) very good at holding you where you need to be.

Danny

Administrator
If you can find a good pair of lotus elise seats at a good price you will be doing well

I just use foam and seat covers....

Phaeton

Staff member
They'll probably be like these Rob, Danny drives like a Granddad

standardrocking.jpg

250buggys

Phaeton":1goxkkso said:
I have seats from a Lotus Elise MK1 (I think) very good at holding you where you need to be.

Alan, where did you get your elise seats from? I had a look on ebay and it looks like you need to take out a small bank loan to get a pair of those!

Do they fit well with room for a centre console that will hide the gear linkage?

Phaeton

Staff member
I just kept an eye out on Fleecebay think I only paid £80 for them, they are not in the best condition but good enough for me.

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

250buggys

Phaeton":2se5fv8o said:
I just kept an eye out on Fleecebay think I only paid £80 for them, they are not in the best condition but good enough for me.

Sounds like an absolute bargain!

I did have a quick look at completed listings to see what they were going for.

Were they a pain to fit?

Phaeton

Staff member
No pretty straight forward, I used 2x 25x25 on top of each other hinged together so top one bolted to bottom of seat & other bolted to floor. Back mount was another 25x25 with 2 arms picking up side mounts. Can't show you any pictures as they are fitted but will try

Danny

Administrator
Crap forgot to look... will be back in there on monday

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Phaeton

Staff member
This is how I mounted the Elise seats, I originally only lifted the front 50mm but the back was too upright so I went of another 25mm which is now good, they have hinges on the front so they can be tipped forward but I never do.

20160730_143902.jpg

20160730_143907.jpg

Strangely enough this line where the back cross member runs is exactly where the floor is pulling away from the chassis rail

20160730_144046.jpg

Phaeton

Staff member
I think I'm on my 3rd set of seats ones for SVA next new set my arse was too big then the Elise ones

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk