Seats

250buggys

Phaeton":1j3yqk19 said:
I think I'm on my 3rd set of seats ones for SVA next new set my arse was too big then the Elise ones

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That looks like quite a big job to replace the floor! lots of drilling rivet heads I expect.

robcoles

I'm still in need of seats if anyone can help.
I don't want another summerset on fibreglass seats & getting a numb arse lol

250buggys

robcoles":1px8hd84 said:
I'm still in need of seats if anyone can help.
I don't want another summerset on fibreglass seats & getting a numb arse lol

Hi Rob, have a measure up and get down the scrap yard. Failing that you could try an auto jumble or set up a custom search in eBay in your local area radius.

Any leather or vinyl coverings etc will do nicely.

I have some good scrap yards near me, they even sort the aisles into makes and models and drive you to the scrap motors with tools. Must be new health and safety regs....

I remember walking around scrap yards with my big coat on in even in summer ;) ;)

Phaeton

Staff member
Rob look at Danny's build there is a picture with at least 2 sets if not 3, or search for Elise seats & be prepared to take a 2nd mortgage but they are the best. I have a set of MX5 seats if I get chance tomorrow I'll see if they fit, bought them to try to lower myself in the MR2 but I've decided to sell.

250buggys

Phaeton":f0pd2tsl said:
Rob look at Danny's build there is a picture with at least 2 sets if not 3, or search for Elise seats & be prepared to take a 2nd mortgage but they are the best. I have a set of MX5 seats if I get chance tomorrow I'll see if they fit, bought them to try to lower myself in the MR2 but I've decided to sell.

Alan, the mx5 seats, are they the seats with speakers in?

I have a custom eBay search set up for elise seats, they usually come up as single seats or more than the kit cost!

Phaeton

Staff member
The ones I have don't have speakers in & they are a no go, they are too wide at the front, you wouldn't get 2 in there.

Danny

Administrator
I got two sets of seats I don't need... one set is on ebay and the other will go on later in the year...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Danny

Administrator
They are a pain to post though that's the problem :-(

250buggys

Danny":3sm9w1cz said:
I got two sets of seats I don't need... one set is on ebay and the other will go on later in the year...

Danny can you pls post link to the auction for Rob to view.

Where I use to work I could use the courier service for little or nothing for sending eBay stuff . Also used the loading bay for deliveries, even had an engine delivered there twice.

robcoles

Danny":cjyuninr said:

What's the item n.o & would you send via courier?

Danny

Administrator
robcoles":213bp0zr said:
Danny":213bp0zr said:

What's the item n.o & would you send via courier?

Its the packaging up thats the ball ache... you would need to send them individually I reckon cos of the weight...

I had a mare sending seats last year and it created a tonne of issues for me

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201860521443? ... 1555.l2649

These are the narrow ones and the others i have are the cub type ones I have always had fitted to my buggy... One of them I removed the staples so I could put a selection of tools underneath... I have not listed these yet as I want to get rid of these narrow ones first :D

Phaeton

Staff member
Drat just tried to make an offer for them but it wouldn't accept 50p said it had to be 99p