Stoneleigh Kit Car Show 2013

Radar

Right guys I will be there in my scorpion Sunday camp overnight till Mon I have pretty limited storage space for food etc if one of you kind gents will feed and supply tea /coffee (thankyou for last year )for me sunday night & monday morning from your own supplies that will definately help me and I will happily contribute some dosh £££ to compensate you.... anyone ????

It means I can camp with just the bare essentials I hate loading the Scorpion up to the eyeballs So anyone help me out on that ? much appreciated chaps

cheers

Radar

Phaeton

Staff member
Sorry Pete, I can't help on this occasion :(

Looking like I may also miss Newark which is a bit of a bummer as well, but I have said there is no way I am missing Wales, however what the wife will think about me coming home for a week just to go on holiday without her we'll have to see.

Alan...

esdebe

Hi Radar,

I'm sure there will be some burgers, sausages and bacon going spare, but you may have to help with the cooking if you want it to be eatable (as I burn things....)

As for tea / coffee what is your preference?

I'm going to have an extra (half size) passenger this year so will have to bring extra clothes / bedding / food for him, but should still fit everything in, although bread may get a bit squashed.

esdebe

Not wanting to jinx it but has anyone else seen what the weather is forecast for this years show... Looks better than the last 2 / 3 years.. That's all I'm going to say....

Radar

thanks Simon , I appreciate your offer matey I will bring my own mug this time !

you were very good to me last year as I recall on the grub and beer front !

Name your beer and I will bring you a 6 pack and a chocolate bar for your small person (assume its one of yours ? ) . Scorpions are great but not easy to store food in , the engine compartment is the boot also. so it gets warm in there not good with raw burgers and such . So you will be there Sunday and camping overnight ? thought you were camping Saturday night ?.

Thanks Alan shame you won't be there your always good crack and help take the p*ss out of Dangerous Dan the crash buggy man ! If I dont sell the scorp at the show or in between times I may just go on the welsh bimble and see you there because I live just on the border if the dates don't conflict with anything that crops up in the meantime

Tea or coffee is fine Simon I'll bring the teabags and coffee and sugar if you bring the milk which would curdle in my boot !

Radar

Danny

Administrator
i am in the same boat as radar.... more than happy to pay just dont have the space at a damn wedding....

see you all subday

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

esdebe

As it looked like on one else was staying Saturday Night and because of the little one, I decided than one night camping (Sunday Night) would be enough.

Radar

Simon ,

sorry to mess you around but I may have a free hotel room nearby (one of my pals from the scorpion lot booked paid and can't cancel they only offered it this morning so I was not aware when I made my previous post ) it is free to the first taker that might be me I am just waiting to hear from them !.

I will still be there Sunday and stay over sunday night and back on Monday so will hook up regardless with you Guys If my free hotel is confirmed I will let you know PM me your mobile mate so I can call you or text you so you don't have to keep checking the forum saves you packing extra for me IF and its still an IF I get the room .

cheers

Radar

Phaeton

Staff member
You all may or may not be happy to know that the weather is shit this side of the pond it"s pissing it down in the Sunshine State

Alan...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

esdebe

what a scorcher... need to make sure I re-apply sun cream next year if it is like this again... Back like the early club days. Only 5 buggies on the stand on on Sunday, down to 4 on Monday. Was a different show for me with Alex there, next year I think I'll have James instead, but he is into cars (unlike alex) so I'll get a chance to look at the rest of the show.

Dodgems were fun
Icecream was nice
Pick and Mix was reasonable (but over priced)

Max's buggy is looking good, hopefully he will have it road legal this year...

We had the most people ever come to our stand, and I'd love to say it was a buggy that drew them in, but it was probably the Mclaren that was parked in the middle for the whole of Saturday.

Danny

Administrator
I got back to mk ok :) sun burnt quite nicely....lol

Oil leak has been found..... breather that bolts into the bell housing.... gasket is , leaking..lol

Thank to simon and steve for food... I really was not prepared for this year but what a show cracking weather and a lot of cars. The stand was quiet but that was bought on by the lack of Alan.

Good to catch up with you Jason and max buggy is looking sweet so hoping Jason is working hard to catch up otherwise max will be shupping a nice cold beer soon enough lol.

Looking forward to Newark show this year.....

Danny

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

Mini Mad Max

What a cracking weekend! It was the first time i ever stayed both days-ish and i thoroughly enjoyed it! Simon, Steve and Danny were great banter and Alex was especially good fun, he's the first person in ages that doesn't look at me funny when i mime play fighting and pretend to get shot ;) It was nice to see Steve and Mary despite her price tag :/.... and i took great delight in taking Jason for a little spin out in mine! I can finally do a build update now the surprise is over, hopefully i've lost my title as a Slacker ;D
Also, it would appear to be a muddyuggies club trait to have a huge amount of bacon, sausages and burgers, thanks ever so much to Simon and Steve for letting Phil and I mooch off your food supplies!
I was hoping the Mclaren would park somewhere else as it somewhat detracted from the view of the buggies!! :p
Can't wait for next year!!! There are photos to come hopefully!
Max

Phaeton

Staff member
Mini Mad Max":1pjvm3xx said:
It was nice to see Steve and Mary despite her price tag :/....

WHAT!!! She's for sale again?

But it sounds like you all had a great time, warm weather not like the last few years, quiet because I'm not there!!! I resemble that remark.

Alan...

Mini Mad Max

Here's a couple pictures and there are more to come:
2013-05-05100445_zpse758cd5a.jpg

2013-05-05100500_zpsc9c2a119.jpg

That's all i took on my phone, dad has a couple more sunny shots for me :)

And to all those that need visual evidence that mine runs:
http://s486.photobucket.com/user/Mini_Mad_Max/media/BuggyFirstDrive_zps45da1bec.mp4.html

Max

Radar

Fantastic to hook up with you guys again this year weather was brilliant thanks once again to Simon for sharing generously as per usual appreciated bro !. Stand was a little quiet without Alan a big miss . Max's buggy looking awesome some nice touches and well thought out little design features well done Max .It will be awesome when you can just drive it all the way down next year.

Sorry I didnt camp as planned but glad I took up the offer of a free hotel room lmao.!!
What we lacked in numbers we made up in comraderie as always .

see you soon chaps

Radar

Phaeton

Staff member
Don't want to sound rude Max but you must gave had one hell of a paper round this last year, you seem to have aged terribly

Alan...

ChaosMS

Max,

Buggy is looking fantastic!!! well done mate - looks like you all had a great couple of days!

Rich