Recent content by Laner

1. L

Steering Column

Hi I have play in one of the UJ's on the lower steering column and when I turn lock to lock the operation is notchy....not smooth. I'm wondering what vehicle is the lower column from and or are there any mods that can be done? Also there is play on the upper column top bush........is that bush...
  2. L

Gallery

Hi I was reading through some old posts and got the impression that there might be a photo gallery. If there is..............where do I find it?
  3. L

14" Wheels

Hi, I'm looking for help with wheel fitments. I need 14" wheels for the Freestyle. Can anyone suggest what other vehicles used a 4" pcd? Also any other clever ways of fitting other pcd wheels?
  4. L

Laners "ASBO" Rebuild

Here Goes: Bought the buggy off Asbo in December. Gonna keep the name and paint job for the time being as I love it. Asbo delivered it from Glasgow in all that bad snowey weather that we had. He stopped for an hour or so, cup of tea and he was gone back up north! I knew that there was a...
  5. L

Pics

I'm gonna do a bit of a build diary. I have photos in "my pctures" How do I insert them into text?
  6. L

Freestyle Handbrake Cable

Hi, I bought the Freestyle off Asbo and am doing some work on it at the moment. Bought it with the big ends knocking. Stripped it down and found No2 end gone. Obtained 2nd hand crank and rods. Now rebuilding. Seeing that I've got the subframe off, I'm reconditioning the whole rear end. My...
  7. L

Crownwheel and Pinion

Hi I'm looking for a crownwheel and pinion to fit a standard Mini "A" series diff. It needs to be a ratio of 4:1 or lower. Many thanks, Robin.
  8. L

Limited Slip Diff

Hi, anyone know where I can get a limited slip diff for an "A" series mini gearbox?
  9. L

Freestyle Spares

What vehicle do I need to buy for spares that will fit a Freestyle? For example if I buy a Rover metro what would fit? The reason I say Rover Metro is because I'd like to fit the engine and box. Will it fit in the freestyle subframe? If not will the metro subframe fit the freestyle.......without...
  10. L

master 1749

Hi Been looking at vids on you tube and have noticed that the clips posted by "master 1749" are local to me. I've done a deal to buy a freestyle and would like to get some advice from this guy. can any one tell me how to contact him? Many thanks, Laner
  11. L

Freestyle or Blitz

Hi, looking to buy preferably a freestyle but Blitz considered. Any condition, non runner, in bits ect. Must be road registered.
  12. L

Blitz2 Vs Freestyle

Hi, I'm still researching buggys to suit my needs. I want a roadlegal buggy that will be used on the unclassified, unmetaled roads and byways around Devon. From what I can see the only ones tough enough will be Mini based. What do you guys feel the pros and cons are between these two? I think...
  13. L

How Many

Another Question........Anyone like to guess at how many road legal Freestyle or Blitz buggys are in this country?
  14. L

Joyner buggys

I'm seeing alot of these for sale......very expensive. Anyone got any opinions? How tough are they? Price and availability of parts etc? What country are they made?
  15. L

engine change

hi, been looking at buggies eg Renli or say Goka. Would suspension parts etc be readily available. If I was to transplant a car engine into one how would that effect the road legal side and the insurance.