1 1/4" twin su carbs

Asbo

anyone got a clue how much these are worth? ive been offered a set that need cleaning/overhauled before they'd be able to be fitted. have a mate that can do that and tune them for free,any clue's lads.cheers.

Mini Mad Max

For what i've seen on ebay and the mini forum, they sell from £50-£70. Although be very weary of twin carbs, as you have to check the throttle linkage VERY regularly so they don't go out of sinc and cause the engine harm by 2 cylinders making more ore less power than the other 2, which leads to upset crank, pistons and conrods, which usually leads to a wasted engine.
If you are wanting more power, then get the 1275cc from here: Click me
I don't need one, and look its only in carlisle  ::)
You shouldn't need to worry about the dvla and engine conversions, as it is only altering the engine, not the car or subframe, all you have to do is tell them its bigger, but still A-series. My donor mini was a mini 1000 with a 1330cc engine in it so says 1275 so on my V5.
Hope that helped :D
Max

Asbo

Από τα πιο άρτια κομμάτια που έχω ακούσει.. Με έκανε να δακρύσω και είναι κάτι παραπάνω από νοσταλγικό... divine innit.

Mini Mad Max

Just translated that on google and got this: "One of the most perfect songs I've heard .. It made me wept and is more than nostalgic"
What the hell are you on wulli? :D
Max

Asbo

lol,saved me the bother.

my greek mate text me that earlier......do you do gaelic too?

got a mate up north typo's me in poadraig post.lol

Mini Mad Max

I leave it all to google translator to do, just put it to "detect Language" into English, and you can put any old carp in it and will translate away.
Try this one:
أنا مثل الجبن والدجاج في حمام في عطلات نهاية الأسبوع ، مع الجانب الخردل ديجون لخنق لكيبر فيها.
I just re-translated it and anyone who tries this, may get confused. Strangling should be smothering, but it's close enough, anyone will get the gist :D
Max

Paul

I really wouldn't bother with twin carbs. I used to have a set on a 1275 mini and they were nothing but trouble. They needed balancing every couple of months to prevent rough running. I changed to a single 1.75" SU as per the original metro set up and got more power with better running. Twin carbs just add extra weight and are more complicated for no gain.