1340cc Freestyle 2007 build for sale.. NOW REDUCED!!!

FFTS

OK Decision made!!!  I have now got to 7 type kit cars.. a Tiger E1 and a 2B Robin Hood so something has to go and its LOLA.

You can see the spec on previous posts or ask Alan about it as he put the new engine in with me and was the original builder. Ive kind of run out of time, steam and knowledge to sort the few things she needs so have decided to reduce her by £500 to more than cover anything that needs paying for apart from the mot so she is now £2500 and absolutely no offers less than this or I may be insulted. She cost me £3000 from Alan and then the extra to buy and fit the engine, new 1.5 roller rockers, fast road facet pump etc.

If you want a lovely buggy built by the man himself the legendary pheaton then here it is. What needs doing that I know of.

Timing/carb set up
new choke cable retaining bracket
reverse light switch?
Speedo cable relocating in gearbox
wheel alignment
maybe bigger battery although it has a brand new one less than 3 months old.

You can see her advertised here http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1086727.htm at the full asking price so the real enthusiasts on here get the first opportunity at this ridiculous price of £2500.

Alans build photos of (Mary) Lola can be seen here for those not familiar. http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j81/g ... t=Reg1.jpg

Chris 07770 575621

Radar

what a bunch of cheapskate b******ds use this forum ...you can't build an even halfway decent freestyle for 2.5-3k that price does NOT include the 100s hrs of labour and frustration etc and barely covers the materials. Yet people won't buy a built and svad one that is a decent car by all accounts for 3K what's wrong with people ? they really do want something for nothing !
A really good one can easily run up bills towards the 8k mark I know I have the receipts ! You can spend as much or as little as seems to be the norm here as you like but please dont think 3k is high believe me it's reasonable for the fun factor alone forget those stupid chinese built scooter pwered buggies get a FREEstlyle !

Just my 2 cents worth ....

Radar

Mini Mad Max

If i didn't already have one then this would be perfect for me, not far away, ideal spec, ideal price. Seriously, the number of people asking to buy a freestyle, there's one right here!
Adding to Radars 2 cents to make 4.
Max

HolyCount

I think Radar is being a bit harsh ... we all appreciate what a bargain this would be -- but how many of us can stump up 2.5 - 3k at the mo ??  Wish I could -- I'd bite his arm off !

FFTS

Thanks for the support as I cant believe its still here. In the last 5 weeks I've sold 2 robinh hoods totalling £8000+ so there is money around. I guess its just how much you want something. Just to clarify a few points:

1) Although a few bit need doing she IS driving and going VERY fast, she just could be faster with a good tuning session.

2) If I haven't posted here to say she's SOLD then she IS still available.

Anyone who been building and not getting far could sell their kit and be driving Lola whilst putting your efforts into tidying and sprucing her up. Why be missing the fun of actually driving a freestyle instead of nursing a frame and loads of bits ;)

HolyCount

FFTS":3inb428j said:
Thanks for the support as I cant believe its still here. In the last 5 weeks I've sold 2 robinh hoods totalling £8000+ so there is money around. I guess its just how much you want something. Just to clarify a few points:

1) Although a few bit need doing she IS driving and going VERY fast, she just could be faster with a good tuning session.

2) If I haven't posted here to say she's SOLD then she IS still available.

Anyone who been building and not getting far could sell their kit and be driving Lola whilst putting your efforts into tidying and sprucing her up. Why be missing the fun of actually driving a freestyle instead of nursing a frame and loads of bits ;)

Cool --- and very sage words ! ... now .. where's that piggy bank ????

Radar

HolyCount":1rswgcbi said:
I think Radar is being a bit harsh ... we all appreciate what a bargain this would be -- but how many of us can stump up 2.5 - 3k at the mo ??  Wish I could -- I'd bite his arm off !
Just to clarify my point to Holycount I am not having a go at members here as such but all people in general who use the forum and never really have the means to build or buy one at any price ! browsers and dreamers!! you are right not everyone has 3k to splash right now or indeed at other times for that matter but they still speculate on prices trying to get something for nothing or on the "cheap" it don't work like that it's pointless coming here or anywhere else for that matter and not be willing to pay a reasonable or going price for something, dreamers and window shoppers just annoy me ....pointless passtime .

Radar

jason_l

Im really suprised nobody has bought this?  :eek:

There have been several people joining up saying they are looking for a freestyle recently and have been informed that they will find it hard to get one. This one goes for sale at a very reasonable price and nobody buys it  :(

If i wasn't going for something different with mine i would be selling it and buying this. Problem is mine's not exactly a straight swap  :-[

Good luck with the sale, somebody MUST want it surely?

Jason

Mini Mad Max

The freestyle has gone down well on my local mini forum so thought i'd make a post and a link for your buggy to spread the advertisement. I said you were in the blackburn area, is this correct? If so that's relitively easy trip from cumbria and back.
Have a look, if you don't approve, i'll remove it, if you want me to change it i will. Just trying to help out fellow buggiers :D Clicky
Hope that helps :D
Max

FFTS

Thanks for the posted link although I cant see it as it looks like you have to log in.

I'm really frustrated as at heart Lola is a really good buggy with a few niggles that one of you would sort in a day and yet for me its like a mountain as I have no real mechanical skill at all.  Weeks ago I was ripping around the country lanes having fun then I went to start her a few days ago and the electronic fuel pump was merrily clicking away but fuel was running out of the su carb and wouldnt start so now another niggle.

I know it CANT be major but to me its another unknown answer. I'm at the stage now where I'm pissed off and shes meant to have a better home to be sold exactly as she is and I promise there are no known major problems I know of. I just cant go spending £50 an hour for a garage to sort it out and hope to regain this in the sale. SO..........

Someone make me a sensible "close"  offer without insulting me and youll have the bargain of the year. Please remember as you all know.. A 2007 sva'd freestyle with this engine spec should be a 4 grand car anytime. Now shes yours for under £2500.

Thanks

Chris

FFTS

OK... this is it before it goes on fleabay with this as a starting bid and it will sell but to who I dont know. I'd prefer her to go to someone on here so........................

£2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000 £2000

THIS IS SOLD AS IS for cash AND MOVED VERY SOON.

AND IF ANY OF YOU WHO HAVE SPENT 5-6-7-£8000 AND STILL NOT DRIVING WITH MORE MONEY TO SPEND AND THE FUN OF AN IVA TEST THEN HERES THE BEST CHANCE YOU WILL EVER GET FOR A VERY SPECIAL SPEC BUGGY THAT CAN BE ON THE ROAD AND YOU DRIVING WITHIN DAYS.

I'M ONLY TYPING BIG AS i'M PISSED OFF THAT THIS IS SOOOO MUCH LESS THAN SHE IS REALLY WORTH BUT SHE HAS TO GO TO GET MORE SPACE AND FUND PAYING FOR MY NEW TOY TO BE FINISHED.

SEE..... http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthr ... tid=121919

My phone number is 07770 575621

If you really want it then don't think about it too long or you will lose out to someone who is more of a decision maker.

Enjoy whoever gets her.

Chris

Phaeton

Staff member
Bargain, I know how much this cost to build, how? well I built it.

It's around 60% of it's actual cost, I honestly wish I had the money to buy it back, every bearing, seal etc was new.

Alan...

HolyCount

Phaeton":1nszwmss said:
Bargain, I know how much this cost to build, how? well I built it.

It's around 60% of it's actual cost, I honestly wish I had the money to buy itback, every bearing, seal etc was new.

Alan...

Wish I was nearer !!!!

HolyCount

Phaeton":1qr24lrb said:
If you want it delivering, I'm sure we can sort something out.

Alan...

Now, there's an offer I don't get everyday !!!  Any thoughts on the little niggles Chris (or Lola) is having, Alan ?

Edit:  Never mind, Alan -- Lost interest  :-X

tiggersmini

Hi Chris
Only put my first post on here last night, and I'm looking for a freestyle, I will give you a bell about it tomorrow.
Cheers
Boyd

Phaeton

Staff member
Not really Kev, I think there's a post somewhere about it, either not charging or having problems with the starter motor. Have a search for Chris's posts, it should turn it up, don't think it will be anything serious.

Alan...

*tinkerbell*

OMG!!!! i can't beleive i missed it. Thats for being blonde!

If i'd of seen sooner i would have had it straight off you mate i've got the cash sitting around and waiting as well.

(bangs head on wall  :'(