7" x 13" Wheels & Tyres?!

willsbuggie

Just about to order some 7" x 13" wheels and the tyres in the 'package' are only 175 wide. A 205/50/13 will fit, so is there any reason why not to use them?!
Any advice please...........
thanks
Mark

Phaeton

Staff member
My only concern would be clearance, with a 175/50 there is not a lot of room between tyre sidewall & wheel arch brackets, depending which ones you have. It may not affect it, but if the tyre is 30mm wider it has to go somewhere

Alan...

hmalan

Mine has 7 x 13 wheels, cannot remember at the moment what tyres, will check in the morning, but standard wheel arch brackets will not work, they will need modifying, and once modified standard wheels will not fit as they will then rub on the brackets.

willsbuggie

Thanks for the feedback guys, I've ordered 7"x13" with 175/50/13 Yokohama tyres, as most people seem to be OK with these and the dealers don't offer anything wider in their packages.
Cheers
Mark

collie

HolyCount":b8jsk04v said:
Any suggestions as to good places to get these ( would like 8 or 10 x 13 really )  ;D
Are you after just tyres or both and are you after new?
For Both I find Rochford Tyres unbeatable especially for the range and then if you're just after the rubber - Black Circles is always a good pace to start  ;)

HolyCount

Cheers, Collie & Max. Don't mind if they are new or used ( even happy to refurb if needed). And, yes, Max, they need to be fat on the back of the trike ----- would be better if they were a little larger diameter but don't want to stray too far from the original diameters.  Not sure whether the effect on acceleration and gearing would be drastic or not!

Phaeton

Staff member
I ran for a very short time 15" BMW Mini wheels & I think Steve who now has Mary still is. Theoretically acceleration will be slower, but especially on the trike you have a lot less weight, they will also give a better/smoother ride as they don't feel the bumps quiet as bad.

Alan...

Mini Mad Max

Just type 15" mini alloys into ebay.. endless choice of nice alloys, you may have to change the final drive gears to get a lower gear ratio if you didn't want it to lose acceleration etc
Max

jason_l

If you want REALLY PHAT wheels then check out Image wheels. I believe they do aome 13 inch wheels that are 16 inch's wide!!!! The tyres alone will cost ya more than a house each!  :D

HolyCount

jason_l":1ubaptz0 said:
If you want REALLY PHAT wheels then check out Image wheels. I believe they do aome 13 inch wheels that are 16 inch's wide!!!! The tyres alone will cost ya more than a house each!  :D

Wheels looked good -- until I saw those tyre prices !!!!  Mind you -- I reckon I can splash a bit on the wheels as I only need two -- probably stick to 8 or 10's tho !!!!