A bigger Carburettor?

Buggybloke

Hi guys, I have a 1275cc engine in my Blitz2, it came from a British Open Classic. I fitted  a Stage 1 Tuning Kit from Minispares, this kit included a new needle, jet, a new spiring, an air filter and a Maniflow manifold and system. Whilst fitting a new gearbox, I decided to make a better job of fitting the exhaust, trimming it slightly, and making the bends tighter, in order to fit within the frame area, instead of sticking out beyond the bumper level. A friend has given me a single HIF44, on a water-cooled/heated manifold, it was originally on his Frogeye Sprite. I tried fitting it, and eventually got the engine running, but it wasn't happy except on full choke, and  part/full throttle. The engine is still on it's standard camshaft, and I was wondering if anyone knew what size jet and needle I ought to try in the HIF44, in order to get it to run on my engine. It should work somehow, as there is a local mini-nut round my way running one on a 998cc, and his mini is no slouch, by any means. I refitted the original, standard HIF38, and sure enough, it ran perfectly well, slightly 'rortier' due to the less restrictive system, but not too noisy for the road. Can anyone recommend what I ought to do? (can't afford another cam, or hi-lift rockers yet).

Danny

Administrator
take it to a rolling road..... every engine is different. I had mine recently rolling roaded and its a flying machine now.

I am also running a hif44

Danny