A good weekend in the Garage...?

collie

Having a serious lack of fundage and icy cold weather didn't deter me this weekend.
Spent Saturday afternoon and Sunday day in the garage.
Saturday
Test fitted the old master cylinder having marked up and drilled fresh holes to mount.
Fitted the brackets I'd previously manufactured so I could remove the front bumper with ease. (Thanks to Alan for the inspiration!)

Fitted the front mudguard brackets, had a nightmare on the offside, had to enlarge the holes on the bracket so it would fit over the brake caliper.

Sunday
The near side was worse! Had to enlarge all holes and lengthen those on the top of the bracketry.  :mad:

Has everyone else had problems with these not fitting?
Cut down and fitted the bumper bar.

Started to cut off lugs on brake and clutch pedals and broke the angle grinder! :eek: Must have popped a baring as it vibrated the wheel off! Problem is, it's not mine! My Bro is none too happy!  :D
Jacked up the front end and fitted the nose, found the instructions didn't help and ended up fitting the bottom before the top, but I think good progress has been made.  :p

Phaeton

Staff member
Good work Alex, at least you had a roof over your head. thanks for the the thanks on the bumper. Just looking at that photo what size bots have you got going through the bottom arm, they should be 1/2" UNF might just be the photo but they looked a little small.

Alan...

esdebe

The botom arms do need 1/2"

As for the problem with the holes on the wheel arch brackets, I had to enlarge all of the holes on both sides to get them to fit the stearing arm pattern and the caliper pattern..... 

Simon

Phaeton

Staff member
collie":3gkdalyz said:
Ah... they're not, they're 5/16", have I boobed?

If you have only used 5/16" then yes, they are way too small, even 7/16" will allow play, to get 1/2" through the hole in the chassis you may have to re-drill the hole to get rid of the powder coating. But these do need to be the proper size.

Alan...

collie

Ok, sorry for the confusion guys, I read your post in a rush Alan.
Just re-read it and yes, the bottom arms are 1/2" UNF as supplied by Dave, it's the bolt that holds the bumper bar to my bracket that's 5/16"  :-[