Acewell and the mini fuel gaugle sender

Danny

Administrator
Hello all

The tank from biddle came with afuel sensor off a mini... anybody used the acewell and the sender??

Was it easy to do?

Danny

Phaeton

Staff member
Won't work unless you do a lot of modifications, Acewell goes from 0-100 Ohm can't remember which way round, but it's opposite to normal. Mini goes from 280 - 500 Ohm from memory but remember I'm old & get things wrong.

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
My acewell says it works on

Bar fuel meter works with 100 / 250 / 500 ohm senders
only displays if sender is connected

what does that mean?

Danny

Danny

Administrator
super dooooooooooooper!!!

Just need to pray/ hope that I left the wires on the acewell after the new loom or that could be a pain

Danny

JAMIE B.

I used the mini saloon sender and set the acewell to 100 and its perfect from empty through to full.

No modification required (for my set up anyway)

Just a little bending so the float didnt hit the inside of the tank

HolyCount

JAMIE B.":1vbcayph said:
I used the mini saloon sender and set the acewell to 100 and its perfect from empty through to full.

What tank are you using ??  And roughly where did you mount the sender ?

JAMIE B.

HolyCount":llol7dgv said:
JAMIE B.":llol7dgv said:

What tank are you using ??  And roughly where did you mount the sender ?

My tank is similar to one of Daves that sits behind the seats, but its wider/taller/deeper and out of stainless, with regards to the sender positioning, Id measure it but the tanks in now. I mounted it about half way up on the back of the tank and turned the float so it was in line with the tank, I tryed the sender in before I welded the sides on the tank which made life a lot easier

HolyCount

Cheers for that Jamie. I have one of Dave's tanks, but that might go into the ex 4 seater. I want as large a capacity as poss as I intend using the buggy daily, so the fire extinguishers are out! . Still need to experiment with the jerry can idea, which will give 20 litres