ajustible wheel tie arms

biddleboy

alan or any body how does these adjustable lock arms go together on the rear picture might be helpfull cheers i did say i will be asking funny questions

esdebe

As alan was probably the person who made them he will no doubt expand on this.

You will need (if you haven't got them) some Left Hand Threaded heavy duty 1/2 inch rose joints, and some Left hand 1/2 inch lock nuts, put the lock nuts on the rose joints then screw them into the adjuster.  then take a standard (or extra long) track rod end and normal rhight hand thread lock nut, put the lock nut on the the threaded end of the adjuster and then screw on the track rod end.

Using the brackets that are supplied as part of the normal kit and some spacers (I used 1/2nch washers) pack either side of the rose joint and fasteen the bracket and adjuster setup to the back of the subframe, the bottom hole bolts onto the hub bottom arm , one of the top holes bolts onto the top arm bolt and the otehr top hole needs to have a hole drilled in the subrame and it bolts to the subframe. 

Attache the trackrod end to the hub in the normal way and adjust by turning the bit in the middle, lock off by using the two lock nuts.

Simon

Asbo

just in case it helps re the spacers needed for the rose-joint side...i found some chassis spacers from a towbar(the ones that stop the mounting bolts compressing the cars boot floor) and turned them to a suitable length.

(one each side of car at 10 and 12mm)