ANOTHER electrical question...

BRUC3

Your have to excuse my ignorance, but im at my first hurdle! Although im sure its a very simple one!

Im planning on buying the HBOL about wiring as I've read its meant to be fairly decent...

My fuse box is the older type 'cylinder' fuses, and as far as I was aware the power goes into the fuse box, and each component such as the headlights, indicators etc were earthed themselves...

Today I mocked up a very basic circuit to see what was working, and it wasn't as I thought...?

fusebox.jpg

I wired the washer jets up like the pic below...

idiotcircuit.gif

The long box on the right is the fuse box, the green box is the switch, and the orange box is the solenoid for the washer jets.

I connected the earth to the 'nipple' on the bottom of the fuse box (blue arrow in the first pic), and I was touching positive wire from the switch onto the top of the fuse box (the yellow arrow)

Am I missing something here, or does a fuse box just not work the way I thought it does...?

BRUC3

Forgot to mention, when I was touching the positive the washer jets were working when I switched them on, and stopped when I switched them off as they should do!

herman

Hi Bruc3
Red wire from Switch should go to where your blue wire went.
Where your yellow arrow is has power on it (fed into rear off connector) hence why washer worked when you touched it.

Does your switch have a light on it that should light when you press it.
If it does. i would expect your earth nipple on the switch should be connected to the buggy chassis somewhere.