Bit of help please - IVA application form

wagon

Righto!

Trying to fill in the application form so I can get onto the queue..... :)

got a few queries though! (sorry if these are dumb!)

section 3b - how do I "stamp" the chassis no onto the frame?

section 3c - Q. "vehicle make and model description"
A: should I put "ABS Freestyle"?

section 3h - Q. "what is the body type?"
A: open frame?

Cheers!

Phaeton

Staff member
wagon":2jrvkgei said:
section 3b - how do I "stamp" the chassis no onto the frame?

Without trying to sound a smart arse, with stamps is the answer, I would have thought there would be some on Fleabay.

section 3c - Q. "vehicle make and model description"
A: should I put "ABS Freestyle"?

Or Funbuggies whichever you prefer

section 3h - Q. "what is the body type?"
A: open frame?

TBH not sure, try that they can only question it.

Alan...

wagon

.... and wack with a hammer....?  ???

hmmm anybody else done this? Wonder if a body shop would do it....

Where did you stamp it?

wagon

here we are:
The Stamped in VIN must be marked on the chassis, frame or other similar structure which is not easily removable, on the right hand side of the vehicle. (see note 3,5 & 6)
The Stamped in VIN must be placed in a clearly visible and accessible position by a method such as stamping, etching (metal chassis) or embossed, moulded into the structure (glass fibre or carbon fibre chassis) so that it can not be obliterated or deteriorate.
The VIN number must consist of 17 digits (except for mass-produced vehicles see note 4)
The information must be shown in a single line. (in the case of a mass produced vehicle the use of two lines is permissible)
Capital letters and numerals must be used for the manufacturer’s name and VIN
10. There must not be any gaps large enough to insert extra characters between the characters for the VIN shown on the manufacturer’s plate or stamped into the vehicle.
Other than in the case of a Mass Produced vehicle the characters on the manufacturer’s plate must be at least 3.5mm high.
The characters used for the VIN stamped into the chassis, frame or other similar structure must be at least 3.5mm high.