Blitz 1 bad state :/

Bmcuk

Hello
Just bought myself a fiat based Blitz 1

The thing is it's worse than I though so it will be a full restoration, this will be fun I'm sure! But the reality is I don't want to plant a tonn of money into it and find out I could have had a much better one for a quarter of the price!

I don't mind spending as I have already stated, there is an enjoyment element that has to count but equally I don't want to throw money away

I have tried looking up the Blitz 1 but find no reference to what they are worth

Also are there mods for the front suspension so it's coil spring and has anyone ever had 2 seats converted in the blitz 1

Cheers :)

Phaeton

Staff member
Hi there & welcome to the club, although if you listen to Blitz they sold thousands of chassis's but there doesn't seem to be many around either on the road or off-road. We have in the past tried to attract owners but have failed miserably, put up some pictures we'll try to help you where we can, there are a couple of Blitz's on here but mainly Freestyles.

Danny

Administrator
Welcome :D

Get some pics up and we can see what we can do to help... Blitz are as rare as rocking horse poo :D

Bmcuk

Cheers

Well rocking horse poo could be worth saving lol it's a project, some fun but a money pit is something it can't be :/ So it would be good to know what is viable to spend.

Nothing online still searching like a madman lol

Phaeton

Staff member
What are you wanting to do with it & what does it day on the V5

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Danny

Administrator
I doubt it will be a money pit... a strip down and a rebuild wont be too bad... its all simple stuff :D

shot blasting and powder coating or you could paint it :D

Bmcuk

It didn't have documents but was once on the road. Think it's a change of plan for me so probably eBay :/

I have added the price of parts and so far it's a lot of cash and they do need replacing. All the lower box tubing needs replacing not a huge job that but also without knowing if the engine is ok I have no confidence in it. If it would be worth a few grand in a fully restored condition then I would get it done as that's what it will cost to do right, just to point out I'm not looking for an investment or even to make a penny! :) brake even would be cool or a small loss as I know it would be so much fun to restore but to restore something at a huge loss is not for me. will try find out a little more otherwise someone else can had the project. Anyhow cheers guyes

Danny

Administrator
Unless you have valid paperwork it's not worth much at all...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Phaeton

Staff member
Putting the reg no into various sites brings nothing up, I suspect it maybe the reg off the old Fiat a call to DVLA will know for sure, if it is still registered as a Fiat then legally to get it onto the road it's an IVA & that does mean A LOT of work. It might be best to cut your losses & move it along

Bmcuk

Just spoken to DVLA it's still registers as a 126
And as its over 10 years and has perevioualy been on the road it won't need the expensive Individual vehicle check and I'm just to apply for the documents and then fill out section 7 modification.

All good! However :/ I don't have the vin number so I can't apply for the Log book!!! :/ grrrr no idea what to do now

Bmcuk

Think unless I knew someone that knew it wasent anything dodgy I have no hope! :( it's £450 for the IVA :/

So without labour 2k to get this on the road, but that's like new with every single bit of rust gone and all new parts excluding alloys!! Lol if I can get the bin number then strip down will begin :)

Danny

Administrator
Hmmmm so there is no vintage number at all anywhere on it.... hmmmm

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Bmcuk

It states Clearly on the form if you don't enter the bin number it will be sent back. Going to go to the guy I bought it off and see if I can trace the previous owner/s