brake resivoir

biddleboy

hi guys looked every were for the brake reservoir that sits on top of the master cylinder can't find one can any body help got the duel type cylinder yellow tag one that Jamie has got but can't find that fiat reservoir cheers guys

jason_l

biddleboy":1g3lzs3v said:
hi guys looked every were for the brake reservoir that sits on top of the master cylinder can't find one can any body help got the duel type cylinder yellow tag one that Jamie has got but can't find that fiat reservoir cheers guys

Either need to go to a scrap yard or contact somone on ebay that is breaking a fiat chinqy! I contacted somone on ebay that was breaking one and he sent me pictures to confirm it was the correct type, £10 and 2 days later it arrived. Perfect fit :)

Jason :p

JAMIE B.

My one was actually M reg 1.0L  Fiat Panda, the next time someone gets one off a fiat, take a note of the make, model, engine size, chassis number and registration, sent me details and I will get a part number from my local fiat dealer.

Regards Jamie

collie

Looks like the one to me, that's the same picture I had in my mind from what I've seen before!

Phaeton

Staff member
Not sure without reading I thought you had to have tyoe of fluid on there but might be wrong.

Alan...

Angel Boy

Phaeton":d8bpt7iq said:
Not sure without reading I thought you had to have tyoe of fluid on there but might be wrong.

Alan...
Ah, that rings a bell.  Where have I got that thing from about a yellow sticker then ???  Maybe I should go to bed...... :-\

Andy

Mini Mad Max

The yellow sticker doesn't matter as long as the lid says what fluid is required, that's what it is like with me, as i pulled the yellow sticker off ::)
Max :D

esdebe

Just a note on the "yellow sticker"  I think what you are refering to is teh yellow band you get on a Type 3 Mini cylinder, the requirement is for a cylinder that is a dual circuit one.  The type 2 and type 3 were both dual circuits, the type 2 hasn't been available for years.  Some donors have a type 1 (single channel) so all the versions of the build manual and posts on the forum talk about the yellow MC which is a type 3.

Simon

collie

Angel Boy":33etseab said:
Is that the all now important yellow brake sticker thingy that is required for IVA now I can see?

Andy
Found a Reference in CKC noting that the "Yellow" sticker is part of the IVA.
"A requirement of the IVA test is to have a symbol showing the type of brake fluid needed."
It's available to purchase from CBS --> -*Sticker*-

biddleboy

well i did not buy it so still not got one yet but my clucth one come and thats ok jamie have you got any pictures of how you connected your pedals up to you cylinders

JAMIE B.

Cut the tops off the pedals above the shaft where the pivot bolt goes through the pedal and make new pedal tops and weld on to suit the length of your new master cylinder rods, make sure to try and keep both pedals at an equal height, I had to custom make the rod for my clutch MC because the one it came with was far too long !  Make sure the pedals have a good weld, your life depends on it !!!!!!!!!!
Another point to note, make sure you can use the full travel of you master cylinders when pressing the pedals.
I also had to a bit of cut n shut on the pedal lowers with the welder to get the correct spacing for my size 11 feet !

Attachments

• PICT0163.JPG
    244 KB · Views: 3,004