Britney Discussion Thread

Phaeton

Staff member
@ChaosMS Rich as @Danny says it's a MEV Exocet, a G-Type although if that makes a difference I don't know, just trying to find out the back story of it. Bought it from a guy in Halesown whose only had it since last October, but he's now lives over an hour away from his mates unit where it's stored so nothing is happening with it. Looks like he bought it from the original owner who bought the kit new in July 2018, but the original owner still has an Exocet so I'm not sure exactly what is happening, unless he sold the kit & bought an already registered one.

ChaosMS

ahhh an Exocet, a mate of mine that lives up the road has a Rocket - car handles well and goes really well - tubing in the chassis is a little thin walled for me (but as you know I build tanks so thats just me :) )

I look forward to seeing this one progress Alan - what left to do?

Phaeton

Staff member
The Rocket was the mid engined format using Ford engines (I think), this is front engine basically a MX5 on a diet, not sure how far back I have to strip, but I've negotiated doing the back garden before I start so the initial progress will be slow. But both subframes need to come off, blasted & either powder coated or painted, then poly bushed. Then sort of the lack of brackets, find out why a few things don't work, then go from there.

250buggys

Great project Alan, like me you have one in build to stop you getting bored and one to drive around :)

I have recently ripped all our decking up. Evicted 2 rats nests. Going to lay a patio.

ChaosMS

Hey Alan, I'm still following mate! - it looks like your sorting that wiring out, still need to extend mine (though all the new cable has arrived to do the job) just been maxed out recently.. still you doing stuff is spurring me on to get my finger out!!
Rich

Phaeton

Staff member
Thanks Rich, I am getting tantalising close now really or at least I think I am, well that is until I actually think about what needs doing, they are all small(ish) jobs but they are the ones that seem to take ages. I don't like harnesses for daily running but the chassis hasn't get any upper shoulder mounts for seat belts, so just arguing with myself as to whether I should get some welded into place, which if I'm keeping it I will want to, but will I be keeping it is the question.

ChaosMS

ahhhh should it stay or should it go..... theres a song there somewwhere :ROFLMAO: :cool:

I know what you mean by the list, mine is still quite long!! and as for the harness mounts - i would put them on mate, it will make the drive more enjoyable for you and if you sell it, its a selling point!

250buggys

Me too Alan, you give us all inspiration, just need to get motivated. Always something else to do. I am building my 2nd solar array, the way the energy market is looking at the moment I reckon it is money well spent.

The buggy is next on my list.

Phaeton

Staff member
I am building my 2nd solar array, the way the energy market is looking at the moment I reckon it is money well spent.
We need a build thread on this, I keep looking but get confused by all the options apart from the rip-off versions which come in at £6K+

250buggys

Hi Alan if you are interested I am happy to start a new post on system design to show what I have done with my system and how it has evolved.

Interestingly I just saw an article this morning on the same subject.

Phaeton

Staff member
I'd certainly be interested, i'd like to put an array up but just can't justify the costs so first hand experience would be great

250buggys

I'd certainly be interested, i'd like to put an array up but just can't justify the costs so first hand experience would be great
Shared now Alan, hope you find it useful, my system came in at less than a third of that figure you mentioned earlier.

Good fun too! :)

I run a hoover, lighting, washing machine, kettle, immersion, lawn mower all off my inverter.

250buggys

Great work Alan.

Did you find there were any significant changes to the IVA manual since you passed your last one?

I'll get some pics up of my 7 build soon to share :)