Britney Discussion Thread

Phaeton

Staff member
@ChaosMS Rich as @Danny says it's a MEV Exocet, a G-Type although if that makes a difference I don't know, just trying to find out the back story of it. Bought it from a guy in Halesown whose only had it since last October, but he's now lives over an hour away from his mates unit where it's stored so nothing is happening with it. Looks like he bought it from the original owner who bought the kit new in July 2018, but the original owner still has an Exocet so I'm not sure exactly what is happening, unless he sold the kit & bought an already registered one.

ChaosMS

ahhh an Exocet, a mate of mine that lives up the road has a Rocket - car handles well and goes really well - tubing in the chassis is a little thin walled for me (but as you know I build tanks so thats just me :) )

I look forward to seeing this one progress Alan - what left to do?

Phaeton

Staff member
The Rocket was the mid engined format using Ford engines (I think), this is front engine basically a MX5 on a diet, not sure how far back I have to strip, but I've negotiated doing the back garden before I start so the initial progress will be slow. But both subframes need to come off, blasted & either powder coated or painted, then poly bushed. Then sort of the lack of brackets, find out why a few things don't work, then go from there.

250buggys

Great project Alan, like me you have one in build to stop you getting bored and one to drive around :)

I have recently ripped all our decking up. Evicted 2 rats nests. Going to lay a patio.