buying a buggy

kylemann

Hello there
I am new to this site and was wondering if someone could give me some help, I have £2000 to spend on a buggy, could someone tell me what is the best and quickest one is for that sort of money
cheers kyle

Mini Mad Max

Hi there kyle,
welcome to the sight.
Do you meen the quickest and best performance wise or the quickest to get on the road and start having fun straight away with?
If you're looking for performance the blitz and the freestyle are equally as good, but the blitz costs more and could you really own one if there was a car like the freestyle which is soooo much prettier!
Or if you meen the quickest way to get one on the road ready to play with, then either look out for a part build or fully built one on here or ebay. they go for around the £2000 mark. Or save up and spend it on a kit and a mini donor, the bits you dont't need off the mini would get you some money back on ebay.
have a look at the rest of the forum, important stuff on there.

Max

biddleboy

hi kyle did you want to start off with a kit and build one your self if so the person to get in touch with is dave smart but hes a bit slow on kits at the moment but here is his number 07767 480712 or if you wanted one built on on the road richard g on the forum had one for sale dont no if he still has it lo failing all that the guys on here are realy helpful and eim sure one of them can help cheers good hunting becouse it took me ages to get one

HolyCount

Hi Kyle -- they are like rocking horse pooh on eBay !!! Best bet is to keep an eye open on here and if one goes up for sale be quick :)

As far as I see it, it will be a few months before kits are available again, but they will be about in due course.

I have looked at a lot of buggy kits and pre-built buggys over a while now anf the Freestyle comes out way ahead in terms of build quality of the kit, looks and FUN potential :shock:

Chinese imports are, it seems, very hit and miss, but the general feel I got for them is to steer well clear. If you build it yourself and it breaks you will know how to put it back in good shape.

kylemann

Hello thanks for the replys, I think I would prefer the freestyle buggy. So to get a doner and all the kit to get it on the road how much do u reckon it would cost, plus is it an old style mini for the doner and what is the best engine to put on it

biddleboy

hi again kyle right you would proberly looking at three grand by the time you get it to sva standerd your best option is keep a look out for a part built one or one that is nealy done i started with a part built then sold that about a week ago and i was lucky to find one thats just needs hand brake sorting so thay are out there as for the engine i would say the 1275 mini/ mg metro engine but ime running mini 1000 and it runs well due to it only weighing 540kg it just depends on if you can get parts cheap and if you got time and patence cheers

Mini Mad Max

Hi there again kyle.
I was lucky for the price i got my buggy(£800- just the kit not touched!), Keep an eye out on here, in kit car magazines and e-bay but as someone said on here, seeing them on ebay is like seeing the pope drive a harley davidson! It can happen but is quite a rarity. As for the engine option get a good 1275, SVA it, or IVA as it will become, and then if you aren't happy with the performance stick in a wopping 1380 or somethin, or go over the top and build a bike engine one! They have serious track mashing performance! But put it this way, with a slightly tweeked 1275 in it will be accelerating with a 0-60 time of around 7 seconds which is hot hatch teratory. It depends if you want to have it as a serious offroader or a track car or both! You have to keep an eye out for minis as well, I got a mini 1000 for £100 from a friend of a friend of my uncle to be presice :lol: ! And then made roughly £800-£900 off bits i didn't need, that mini was a gold mine! then i swapped a greenhouse for an old mini! You can pick up some rediculous deals!
God i need to refrain from writing so much! its like i've written a bloody essay!
Max