ChaosMS's Ultralite Buggy Build Discussion Thread

Phaeton

Staff member
Mini Mad Max":2llxsrxw said:
There probably won't be a dvla when I have actually finished mine (haha beat you to it Alan! ;) )
Moi? I don't know what you mean :D

Well done Rich, Q plates on this type of vehicle aren't bad really, just they do have a bit of stigma from long long ago.

ChaosMS

Hi Guys finally spoke to someone at the kits and rebuilds section again on Friday evening (they work till 19:00 on a friday!) so I have my licence plate number now and its all moving along - all be it very slowly!!

Quick call again this morning informed me that it would be processed tomorrow now (wait for it) as the lady that does the registration and tax paperwork is off today (there is obviously only one person in the office)

They said to expect the paperwork at the end of the week! *sigh* so looks like I'm not going to be driving it until the weekend now

Alan - yeah i know what you mean about the early days of the Q plate - i can remember seeing some real horrors, how they ever got on the road I dont know!! - personally I expected to get a Q, I dont really care as long as I get something!!

As for Wales lets see what happens over the next week

Max - good to hear you've got the VIN sorted mate, when are you back next ill have to pop over to see you in the buggy (if DVLA has allowed me to drive by then)

Rich

Mini Mad Max

Glad to hear it's all going through! I can't wait to see it on the road :) I bet you're pretty stoked too.

ChaosMS":pgp11bdb said:
Max - good to hear you've got the VIN sorted mate, when are you back next ill have to pop over to see you in the buggy (if DVLA has allowed me to drive by then)

Rich

I'm not sure when I'm back next. I have a couple months left of my work placement and I've nearly used up all my holiday. I may pop up for a weekend though, I'll let you know if I do!

Max

ChaosMS

Hello all, well as of this morning the buggy is taxed and road legal, I've even taken her out at lunchtime for a quick spin about town!!
So I'm a very happy man, and due to the nature of the registration I am also a car manufacturer!!! ;D ;D

Max - Yeah if your going to be back up give me a shout it would be good to catch up and take you for a spin in the buggy!

Rich

ChaosMS

Well decided to do a little off road testing the other weekend, picked Steve up from home on the way and took the buggy to the offroad testing area they usually use for the Landrovers!! had a great time got it very dirty - almost crushed Steve's family jewels (ha ha wait till you see the video - very funny) took loads of video and a few photos, here are a few of the photos;

Roads?? - Where were going we dont need roads!..
1d1506f0-6684-4b24-aa54-236d6bec71ab.jpg

My Daughter joined me for the next few as Steve was taking video
f01bd632-504a-4d0e-9eb0-cf528c91692a.jpg

11de1d37-9aed-4584-fae6-2641cb813019.jpg

ff66dfb0-7e0b-4953-9a6d-07ae67568f47.jpg

f9956520-0840-4cd9-f45e-0522f131d34d.jpg

81d19938-b3f9-438e-a62b-718e4d8536d1.jpg

And this the buggy back home in need of a clean!!!
29edbba5-5093-4f46-9f4f-93c042e486b6.jpg

1d9c213c-3135-41b1-e181-ae983e99ded7.jpg

Just putting the video together should have it uploaded soon! - I have also repaired what needed repairing like the bent steering wheel!!

Rich

Phaeton

Staff member
Looks fun Rich well done bet you're pleased with yourself

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

ChaosMS

Well guys small problem looks like ive burnt out another ignition ignitor - it would seem its over heated (looking at other people who have had this issue) and then packed up which wont allow the coil to then fire, so I need to verify with another ignitor and build a big heatsink i think - currently it turns over but fails to fire (just like it did last time) I have bought a couple of ignitors off ebay so hopefully should be good to go soon