CLutch Noise

Danny

Administrator
Hello,

Been ragging about in my buggy enjoying it hell of a lot and tonight I noticed that there is a noise coming fome the clutch but when you press the pedal the noise dissapears..... any ideas?

Danny

esdebe

is the noise constant or only when you depress or relasing? if it is constant when released and goes away when depresde it may be your transfer gear bearings are worn.

If it is only happening when depresed or during release it could be the clutch relese bearing, a faulty preasure plate or a broken spring on the diaphragm.

Is it only noticable in Neutral or throughout the gears.

Simon

Danny

Administrator
Well,

my buggy is so noisy I can only tell on tick over and when you depress the clutch pedal it does go away.

Danny

esdebe

likely to be the transfer gear bearings then... you will have to remove the clutch cover, clutch and clutch housing to get to it (and drain the oil first).

Simon

Danny

Administrator
happy days....... engine out job.

May just drive it not doing any long trips so not too worried and then over winter have it all out may even re shell.....hmmmmm

Running really well now thanks simon had to weeken it off a bit for the MOT cos the hydrocarbons were too hi.

but yeah dropped the PSI in tyres and now goes round corners so much better.

Danny

Phaeton

Staff member
"muddybuggies"":2bh8076i said:
happy days....... engine out job.
No it's not you southernerererer it can be done in the frame, I managed to change an oil pump with the engine still in LOL

Alan...

esdebe

Yup I agree, but there is one little bolt on the clutch cover that is a pain in the arse to undo, but once off everything else is quite straight forward.

I can even lend you the tool for putting the oil seal back on (the easy way without damaging it) I decided to buy the tool after having to replace the oil seal cos it was damaged from the last time I replaced it...