Clutch problem, Danny you might be able to help

hmalan

I have finished the buggy but I have a problem with the clutch in that you need to be the bionic man to operate it.

It's one of the early models with the floor mounted pedals, spoke to Dave and he thought you might be able to comment Danny as to whether the clutch is overly heavy with this set up.

I have new flexible pipes, new slave cylinder, new lever arm, pushrod, and the clutch and bearing are new (It's a Verto). I have greased the lever arm and pushrod etc.

Also the clutch is very fierce

Any help would be appreciated

Alan

esdebe

There are two type of clutch arm, and the diffrent types need the slave unit mounted in diffrent places are you using the right type of clutch arm for your clutch??

Also I had a problem where the pedal was very very hard, and this was due to me clamping the clutch flexy hose under the seat bracket by mistake... It resuled in my leg bending the pedal cos I stomped on it to move it and the problem was that due to the clapme4d hose my foot pedal was able to push the fluid to the clutch, but it couldn't return, however the return spring would pull teh pedal back but this just sucked more fluid from the resiviour, and the next time I pushed pedal in there was no where for the fluid to go and the pedal had to bend out of the way of my leg......

Granted I have a new style pedal box, but any sharp kinks / clamps on the flexy tube will make the pedal harder than it need be, and also the wrong type of arm on the clutch housing would have the wrong leaverage needing more force.

Simon

Danny

Administrator
Hello,

Oh yes my clutch was heavy but not too heavy, hmmm maybe it is the wrong arm I have one that is monted on the bellhousing and is not horizontal.... I think its a verto one.

I have a set of braided hoses coming off mine off the old pedal box... if you interested :wink:

may sound silly but is the pedal coming out of the box straight? cos if its slighty out of line this may cause a stiff pedal.

Danny

hmalan

Thanks,

For the responses

It is a verto set up with the correct short arm which I have just replaced

I have got the flexible hoses and checked these for problems as I remembered Simon's previous post about trapping his with the seat.

The point about the pedal coming out straight is interesting I will check this tommorow but I don't believe there is a problem at that end as when I disconnected the arm I was able to press the pedal easily, too easily as I immediately popped the piston out of the slave cylinder.

Our other cars are an 06 and a 56 plate BMW and this is all I have got to compare it to at the moment, and the clutch does operate, so maybe it is not as bad as I am leading myself to believe.