Complete buggy rebuild!

willsbuggie

Hi everybody,
I'm new to the forum and probably put my previous post in the wrong place, so here it is again!
We met a few of you at the Stoneleigh show and picked your brains about getting our buggy rebuilt and on the road. You may remember it was just before your gazebo blew down! Anyway to recap, we have a Freestyle buggy which we bought from Dave Smart a couple of years ago and my 3 boys have been hacking around the garden in it. We are now having the engine bored out to 1380cc, with new pistons, mild cam etc by a local mini race ace! We have completely stripped the buggy down the the frame and are getting it sand blasted and painted/powder coated (not sure which yet). I am also 95% of the way through a Chevy engined Cobra build so am aware of the dreaded impending IVA test. From reading the Forum, which is really helpful, well supported with a lot of great buggy builds, I can see many different ways of doing things, i.e. pedal box, fuel tank, dashboard etc.
Could anybody offer some advice on the following for starters:-
Are the front shocks and springs just standard mini as we want to replace them?
Should we replace the old style pedal box to the bulkhead mounted one, and if so, where do we get one from?
Should we 2 pack spray or powder coat the frame?
Should we stick to the fire extinguisher tank we already have?
Any other advice especially regarding IVA would be very welcome before we go making the wrong choices.

As I said, a great forum and it was pleasing to see so many professional looking builds, with lots of idea sharing.
Thanks in advance for any feedback
Keep up the good work!
All the best
Mark
P.S. you can always email me direct if you prefer.