Couple of Buggies for Sale

Phaeton

Staff member
Contacted yesterday by an ex-member who has 2 buggies for sale, a road legal one fitted with a 1380cc engine & an unregistered one which I think has a 1000cc engine. He's downsizing so they need to go, if you're interested send me a PM & I'll pass on his number. Currently no idea of pricing.

Stus

Hi from a newbie to the forum and a newbie to kit cars. I think I know who is selling these as I have just brought the unregistered one as a non runner (the seller is a neighbour). So hello and I might be popping up here a fair bit with stupid questions after Christmas once my 15 year old son gets his new toy and we both try to learn about the buggy together.
If you know any history of this buggy I would love to know more

250buggys

Pls post some pics and it will help to see if anyone recognises it, also welcome to the forum.

What a great Christmas present!

Stus

thanks, I will try to get some soon, have it stored in a mates barn hidden from my sons eyes but need to get don there to measure battery space (unless someone can advise on the best/ a good battery?).

I know my son will be really happy, it has made this Christmas the most exciting I can remember (I will of course have to test it when running ;) )

250buggys

The battery I can help you with as I have just bought one for mine that fits the front support bracket without any modification.

Search ebay 12V 32AH NUMAX 896

See below snip from my build post

'Found a battery that will fit in the tray mounted at the front of the buggy. Spec 12v 32Ah 390CCA
Length (mm) - 186
Width (mm) - 130
Total Height (mm) - 186
Terminal Type - Bolt Through (4F)
Terminal Layout - LH+
4 year warranty -£33'

Phaeton

Staff member
Think it's a standard Mini battery isn't it?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Danny

Administrator
Standard mini one buy make sure it is sealed as I had a few issues with battery acid splashing out of the tops of the batterys

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Phaeton

Staff member
That was only because of your habit of ramming the buggy in front

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":pccjyki5 said:
That was only because of your habit of ramming the buggy in front

Lol... yeah but the other times it was due to the battery

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Stus

Thanks. Will order one today along with full set of brakes, plugs, filters, ht leads.... anyone suggest anything else I should grab?

250buggys

Stus":3f7n8cku said:
Thanks. Will order one today along with full set of brakes, plugs, filters, ht leads.... anyone suggest anything else I should grab?

You have put filters, so will need oil also. Could check /replace the coolant.

Stus

Thanks, got the oil but didn't think about coolant, school boy error after blowing a head gasket on an old isuzu trooper I had for fun a few years ago - had a small leak and over 18 months I just topped up with water til a big freeze :(

Stus

Feel free to point me to another part of the forum for this but wanted to update you on the non running buggy I got for a very lucky 15 year old son. Think he was a little disappointed after the unveiling on Christmas day when I told him it was a project. Fuel pipe snapped, no spark, jet assembly broken, fuel pump broken, flat tyre, knackered battery, no brakes..... However today we spent a few hours and found no spark was a wrongly wired coil, fuel pump seized but freed off and working, new fuel pipe fitted, new battery fitted and a bodged (but leaking) jet assembly got it running and he was a very happy boy. Would love to get it road legal for when he is a little older - don't think it is as easy as it was but is it still possible?

Phaeton

Staff member
Stus":3owv3ifu said:
Feel free to point me to another part of the forum for this but wanted to update you on the non running buggy I got for a very lucky 15 year old son. Think he was a little disappointed after the unveiling on Christmas day when I told him it was a project. Fuel pipe snapped, no spark, jet assembly broken, fuel pump broken, flat tyre, knackered battery, no brakes..... However today we spent a few hours and found no spark was a wrongly wired coil, fuel pump seized but freed off and working, new fuel pipe fitted, new battery fitted and a bodged (but leaking) jet assembly got it running and he was a very happy boy. Would love to get it road legal for when he is a little older - don't think it is as easy as it was but is it still possible?
Hi stus, start a thread over in Owners Projects then a discussion one over in Discussions that way it keeps the project thread clean. Get some pictures up, host them over on photobucket.

Big success on getting it started, can imagine his reaction when it wasn't all gleaming V8 start on press of button stuff, but that way he'd learn nothing, I started my driving in the 70's we used to have to bodge them through the week, then fix them on the weekend, only way we could get to work.

As to getting it road legal, yes it is, it's now an IVA £500 worth, but there have been a couple passed, only issue maybe insurance for him, I know I asked about my son when he was around 18 & they just laughed, but Danny managed from early on getting insurance.