Crownwheel & pinion

RichardG

Hi,

I am looking for a 3.7 or 3.9 final drive crownwheel & pinion to go in the 1275 engine/gearbox I am rebuilding.

The gearbox I have came from a Metro Turbo which has 3.21 final drive which is not ideal for trialling especially as I have 14 inch wheels fitted.

Thanks

Richard

RichardG

That sounds good. Can you check that it is the A+ type. I am no expert but I think the A+ pinion gear is machined flush on both sides and has a groove down the centre of the teeth?

£20 plus postage OK?

Thanks

Richard

Lime&Orange

Will have a look over the weekend (working sat, collecting full interior sunday for my e30 hopefully).

Once found will take pics to confirm its what your after.

Think got duplex gear set (new) in same shed if intrested?

RichardG

Thanks, but I don't need the duplex set. Might be interested in one of the HIF 44 carbs though.

Richard

Phaeton

Staff member
Richard, I know your engine's back together again, but I did see somebody the other day selling a 4:3 final drive, is that any good to you, if so I'll try to find out where I saw it.

Alan...

RichardG

Hi Alan, yes I might be interested in the 4.3 diff. I ended up using a 3.7 which I got for £5 on ebay. Going to see how I get on with that for a bit. I have kept my old gearbox and was thinking about rebuilding it and keeping it as a spare so the 4.3 diff might go in it.

Thanks

Richard

Mini Mad Max

4.3:1 with your minor wheels on will make the buggy top out at about 90mph on the road at 6500rpm in 4th gear, It will also make it much better for trialing, That's why i put one in my box! Brand new mine was about £120 in minisport sale so considering that one is used (they don't really wear much at all so used isn't a problem) it would be a bargain somewhere around £50-£70 me reckons :D
Max