Danny's Freestyle Buggy

Danny

Administrator
This is My Freestyle Buggy I have had her since 2003 and have travelled a lot in her. I drop to Spain with Dave Smart in 2005 and then went to the Poland IMM in 2006 where we drove for 2 weeks around Europe. I had zero break downs in those 2 weeks but it was mega tiring.

SN851004.jpg

SN850999.jpg

SN850998.jpg

SN850997.jpg

I use to go looning round green lanes but they became harder to find and the expense of actually maintaining the buggy got quite expensive I was going through wheel bearings and rose joints continuously so I decide in 2008/2009 to make her just a road car.

danny-freestyle-buggy-after-day-1.jpg

I stripped her down to the bar metal and rebuilt her from the ground up new engine (which shit itself 25 miles in) converted to the new style pedal box and welded the wing mirrors on.

dannychassis6.jpg

Here are a few pics from the rebuild

SN850124.jpg

SN850093.jpg

SN850088.jpg

SN850088.jpg

After the rebuild the 1380cc engine died and I then got a 1340cc which I then put teh Minispare MS4 head on and the high lift roller tip rockers complimented by the 276 cam :)

SN850112.jpg

I had planned to put a webber carb on but the general consensus was that the performance gain was not worth the extra fuel costs...

SN850127.jpg

Since the rebuild I have had a few teething problems with the brakes and I put a new fuel tank in behind the seats which was probably one of teh most dangerous days in my workshop.

One of the welds was not good and I had to weld it... I emptied the fuel and ran water through the tank for a while I then thought i would throw a match at the tank to burn out the vapour... (this was suggested by a good friend... my uncle) well I did this and it went well... I then thought crap my fuel sender.. I removed that and lit the tank again... It was like a fireball crossed with a jet engine...

I was lucky to escape with minor burns to my hand but the decided to take the tank to my uncle, it got welded up ok and no more fires...

I crashed my buggy into the back of simon on the way to a show, I probably should not have been driving as it was only 2 weeks after my operation but I always do my best to get to a show as I don't like letting people down.... I had a reputation for driving very close to people which is something that was needed while I was away in Europe, but this day I was miles behind and just could not stop....

SN850964.jpg

SN850965.jpg

SN850966.jpg

SN850967.jpg

SN850968.jpg

My buggy was rolling roaded last year and was producing 84 BHP at the wheels which I was quite happy with. There is also a running joke that my exhaust is very loud, which it is but I don't see the point in fixing that yet :)

Here are some of the buggy that I recently took with my Private plate finally on it

SAM_1610.jpg

SAM_1609.jpg

SAM_1608.jpg

SN850999.jpg

So that's the gist of my buggy :)

Danny

CAW

Hi Danny, Any chance of a photo of the front of the air intakes to the rad please, looking for ideas but that looks COOL. ;)

Thanks

Andy

Danny

Administrator
they actually are air intakes..... from some strap on shiny shit type ebay store...lol

Sorry I cant remember exactly :-(

Danny

Administrator
I took her out for a blast the other day round where we lived... no crash helmet on this time its good fun :) and its nice to have the power when its needed as well :)

paul31

cool machine danny how long was build time? an how hard was it to make road legal? tinking off 2seater road legal for nxt year.