Dashboards

HolyCount

Can't make up my mind whether to try to use the mini three clock binnacle with a custom made cable from the gearbox or go digital :?

Has anyone got any pics of their dash's so I can get some inspiration ??

Initially I really just want to get thru SVA as painlessly as possible -- will get adventurous later !!!!

Phaeton

Staff member
My dash was as simple as possible, a Acewell digital speedo with warning lights, the 3 switches fog, hazard & lights, closest picture I've got is Click gauges & fag lighter were not there for SVA. I've just picked the same Acewell up off eBay for £75 so will be doing the same again until after SVA. Bearing in mind that once you get out of the 127mm excluded zone everything else has to be 38mm radius.

Alan...

Paul

I am trying to make up something full width to take separate instruments and switches but SVA compliance is the issue at the moment. I might have to make up a temporary arrangement if i am to stand any chance of beating the SVA deadline and come back to it later. :p

jason_l

This is currently ours with the small acewell unit, the switch's needed will be mounted just next to it.

Ignore the switch holes cut in the nosecone, that was the chav's that owned the buggy before us!  :mad:

n587840472_5458615_9395.jpg

Jason :p

Mini Mad Max

Hi there paul,
I Have recently found an amazing bit of gadgetary, it's bigger than an acewell, but still is like a motorbike dash. It's an all in one  with the warning lights, 0-60 timer, shift light that comes on at certain revs of your choice, temp, oil pressure, rev counter, fuel guage, odemeter and clock. It's £145 too which is good for all them bits. It comes with the magnets, fuel sensor arm, wiring and other stuff needed. Have a look at it:http://www.kawasaki-ksr110.com/userimages/procart9.htm
I will be using one on mine!
Hope this helps
Max

Angel Boy

Mini Mad Max":3ehtihdt said:
Hi there paul,
I Have recently found an amazing bit of gadgetary, it's bigger than an acewell, but still is like a motorbike dash. It's an all in one  with the warning lights, 0-60 timer, shift light that comes on at certain revs of your choice, temp, oil pressure, rev counter, fuel guage, odemeter and clock. It's £145 too which is good for all them bits. It comes with the magnets, fuel sensor arm, wiring and other stuff needed. Have a look at it:http://www.kawasaki-ksr110.com/userimages/procart9.htm
I will be using one on mine!
Hope this helps
Max

Bl**dy h**l, that's the same speedo that is on my little 125 bike that I am to sell (part of the deal of me getting the buggy).  Interestingly the reason why I haven't put it up for sale yet is because the screen has starting to cloud over, not badly, but whilst it is still under warrenty etc.  This may leave me with the head unit if I can convince my dealer to give me the old one  ;D

Cool.  I can get you some more pictures of it if you need.

Andy

Mini Mad Max

Hi Andy,
Are they good? Did you ever get any major problems with it? What is your opinion on it? LOL
I just think it would look really good on the buggy.
Max

Angel Boy

Just had a moment again, are we talking about the Koso GP Style KSR Digital Speedometer?

If it is  ;D  it's has worked fine other then the lense starting cloud over a little.  It's a nice little unit.  The buttons are a little on the flimsy side, but to be honest I haven't used them since I first played with it in setting the time.  Not really sure how you can calibrate it for different wheels sizes, but it didn't come with any instructions on how to so haven't wanted to play to much.  It is really bright (too bright on an unlit road) when I'm on my bike, but might be ok if you have a it mounted a little further away then under your nose.  Again it didn't come with any instructions so not sure how you set the shift light etc, but at the moment it lights when you hit the red zone on the rev counter.  I doubt an a series engine will rev to 10k rpm!!!

If you want some more pictures, give me a shout and I'll go out and take some for you.

Andy