Discs, drums and drive shafts

Angel Boy

I was reading on the old forum an number of different things but I have got myself confussed.

I have got myself some complete drum hubs with driveshafts which I just thought could use to replace the existing setup I have and use the disc set up on the front end. However I think I have read that I need to use the drum hubs and swap the drive shafts for the disc drive shafts. Is this correct?

Also, how do you use the disc hub set up on the front, do you simply just remove the drive shaft and away you go?

Was planning on refurbing the bits I take of the Mini I have and refurb as I go along etc and I am planning the best way to do ity based ont he space I have etc.

Thanks,
Andy

Phaeton

Staff member
Andy,

Yes you are right, you need drum hubs for the rear of the buggy, you will also need the original rear brake backplates modified to fit to the drum hubs. You will also need the end of the drive shaft, you split it on the UJ just at the back of the hub, a good thack with a soft hammer normally splits them. Once done you can change from disc to drum that part of the shaft is the same size,

For the front you do the same & split the shaft & then remove the UJ & end up with THIS this is a Metro one but the principle is the same.

Alan...