Draft IVA information now available

iank

I've stashed it on my website. Not as frightening as it could have been, but I've not read in detail yet so there could be a gottcha.

http://www.ick.demon.co.uk/files/bIVA.doc

They've added some stuff that previously was surprisingly absent.
e.g. horn and numberplates

Numberplates could prove to be a bit of an interesting area due to the curved front of the buggy I suppose.

Asbo

Numberplates could prove to be a bit of an interesting area due to the curved front of the buggy

???????

why not fit them.....spaced with a washer..... across the battery bulge? then the curved front doesnt come into the equation?.......

NEXT? lol.

iank

Not sure I understand, but I'm not worried about the grp bit. If they are mounted to the curved metal bit (which I think you're calling the battery bulge) which is the normal mounting point they have a gap top and bottom.
I think the bare numberplate is too sharp an edge to pass front projection, so some kind of surround may be required.

Thinking again those of us with a front bumper may be ok as the plate will be under the 'floor' as measured by the current SVA cone.

We'll see. Though reading again the exact wording seems to be a space for a plate. Maybe it's just in to prevent all the 7 boys fitting mini plates on the front or chucking a broken on behind the seat. More and more speed cameras are forward facing these days and maybe people have been getting away with ignoring them.

esdebe

Easy, Get a bumper and fit the number plate to the bumper... You'll possibly need a bumper to get it through the test anyway....

Simon

jason_l

Thanks for the info ian, your a legend!

Im not even going to risk it, we have now stepped up production of the buggy to ensure it gets sva'd this year!!!!!

Jason :p

Asbo

having just read what you guys now have to pass for SVA is a joke.....i dont think i'd be bothered if that was the test like! mines is road legal// based in motherwell(top of M74)...gimme a shout if you need a reality check/wotever,its here if needed.

Phaeton

Staff member
3rd draft is now available, but not to say this is the finished article CLICK It's implemented in 22 days time & they still cannot confirm the cost, it's a joke it really is.

Alan...

Mini Mad Max

I came to my senses last month and realised that i wouldn't be able to finish it in time, so it looks like i will have to pay the extra £390  :'(  Nahhh well!
Max

HolyCount

Mini Mad Max":3uhy6ck1 said:
I came to my senses last month and realised that i wouldn't be able to finish it in time, so it looks like i will have to pay the extra £390  :'(  Nahhh well!
Max

Snap -- but at least I won't kill myself trying to build it in the freezing cold !!!

Phaeton

Staff member
How you going to get round this one?

14. Fuel tank filling points must not be located in the passenger compartment, luggage compartment or within an engine compartment.

Ooo that's not nice

Alan...

Angel Boy

Phaeton":16nw0mkt said:

14. Fuel tank filling points must not be located in the passenger compartment, luggage compartment or within an engine compartment.

Ooo that's not nice

Alan...

Mmmm.  Looks like I need to start reading this.  How about bulkhead, tank, bulkhead and the filler exits on the side of the carin it's own panel?  Or, the tank is located at the front behind a pucka front end rather then the current front end and the filler is then on the top?

However, it is going to be interesting  :p

Andy

HolyCount

Phaeton":10sm3dsg said:

Ooo that's not nice

Alan...

stick on the bulbous fibreglass rear end and pass the filler neck through it so it exits outside the vehicle and screened from the engine by the cover:

p8260054.jpg

Photo nicked off Muddybuggies -- but thought it'd be OK as it's staying "in house". Feel free to remove it Danny, if you see fit.

Mini Mad Max

KEV! You absolute GENIOUS!! I will have to see what steves engine cover will be like, i already got my name down :p! heh heh heh. I thought that you could just make a little cup thing that attaches to the upper bulkhead and comes out as a shield over the whole of one side where the filler neck is (i have a behind the seats tank btw). This would probably not be compatible with there arsey regulations anyway!
URGHHHH!
Max

HolyCount

I know Dave hates this engine cover and managed to acquire the moulds before he broke them up.  Will have to wait for warmer weather, give them a good clean up and then learn how to "glass".  It's not to everyone's taste I grant you -- but it will be on my rear end ( well -- the buggies !!!  ::)  ) .  Might have to make some mods if there are any cooling issues --- maybe scoops on the front edges -- we'll see

biddleboy

Phaeton":1o95dv5m said:

Ooo that's not nice

Alan...

not that it applies to me now but that is a bit of a shiter about fuel a bit of a mod to sort that out