Driving Lights

Danny

Administrator
Hello

I fitted some driving lights to the buggy the other day and I am having a few issues...

The issue is that its popping a fuse......

In my head I kinder know whats wrong but not sure how t rectify it...

I will try and explain what I have done and hopefully it will make sense :)

So I have a wire coming from the battery going through a fuse and to the relay..... I then have a wire going from the relay to the lights and each light is earthed :)

The relay now has 2 terminals left and one of them goes to an earth :)

The next wire is a blue wire and that goes from the relay to one side of a switch (the switch is also earthed) and on the other side of the switch I have another blue wire and it goes to my side lights.....

This is where I think I have screwed up :)

So from the passenger side headlight I found the cable that powers the sidelights and I took that and connected it to the other side of the switch....

I have the headlights on separate fuses (I think) and so if one headlight goes I dont lose all the lights :)

When I turn the sidelights on it pops the fuse to the rear number plate light and also the side light....

Am I putting too much current through it?

Should I try and find the wire that powers the headlights? But I think this then turns the driving lights off when I put the main beam on.....

Any ideas?

Danny

Danny

Administrator
wiring.png

this is kinder how I have wired it up :)

In the diagram above the "brown main beam connection" wire is effectively my blue wire....

Lilspeed

Sounds right to me. So it's wired that your driving lights will only operate with the sidelights on.
Only thing I can think that would cause fuses to blow is if your feed to the switch from the sidelights was somehow going to earth. Are you sure the switch is wired right?

Danny

Administrator
PROBLEM FIXED!!!!

The new number plate light was shorting out when I put the cover on :)

Insulating tape and it works perfect :)

Roshitha

hi guyz...its a plessure to hear that you fixed the case,but i need a big help from you guyz,i need to find 2driving lamps for my buggy.but they are not available in sri lanka.do you know a place to get it online....

Radar

Roshitha............. E bay is by far your best bet or online at minispares (just google it )

hope that helps

Radar

Phaeton

Staff member
If you can't get the seller to send them direct to you, I'm sure one of us will be happy to receive them & then send them on to you.

Alan..

Roshitha

yes, that's the perfect thing,,,,i found few sellers on ebay...but they are not send them to sri lanka,,,so if someone can find this item and tell me the prize with shipping chargers i can deposit the money...

thanks

Danny

Administrator
Hi Roshita,

Have a browse through ebay buddy and tell me what you want and I will order it and forward it on for ya :)

Danny