engine playing up..

ben_glen

hey,
I've got a Kasea 250e but the engine on it is being an utter tool at the moment,
it used to run OKish but would die when i sat still at traffic lights ect, then if i'd been at full throttle for a while it'd die too..
now it will start but as soon as i give it any throttle it'll die..
no garage seems to want to take a look at it either, not bike garage will or car..
anybody had this problem before or know anywhere that'd look at it?
im in Manchester but dont have a trailer to move it.. :(

any help would be greatly appreciated, it's been sat in my garage since may

Ben

Danny

Administrator
it sounds like it might be an air leak?

I had the same on one of my normal road cars a few years back...

Just a punt. surprised no one will look at it....

ben_glen

hmm, the rubber bit to the carb does look a bit perished, i'll take it off and tape around it to see if that is the problem.. other than that where else couldit be leaking from apart from the head?

offroad 68

If you can get it ticking over spray some wd 40 around the area you think you have a leak, if it revs up a bit thats where the leak is.

Have you tried cleaning the carb out or even just draining it?

esdebe

Going on your symptoms it does sound fuel related... lack of fuel at full throttle. check any fuel pump, fuel filters, breather hoses on tank or filler caps are not restricting fuel flow. I've also had similar issues on a carb in the past when the needle in the float chamber was blocked, so it could be carb related with a problem with a float sticking, or a blockage in the float chamber.